Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Tazmans
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150806_090652.jpg
    20150806_090733.jpg
    08051512001.jpg
    image_6.jpg
    image_5.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bill123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am having problems with the scoring on my Williams Oasis ball bowler. I purchased the schematic and I have traced out all the things it is trying to tell me and nothing seams to work (I'm really not too good at reading these). During the frame after a strike or spare the machine starts scoring and just doesn't stop it just keeps adding points until I manually trip the strike spare reset relay, then it stops scoring and the reset bank resets and the game continues until I have a strike or spare and it goes back to not wanting to stop scoring. The odd thing is when I play any of the other games (flash, pyramid, dual flash, strikes 90) it plays perfectly, it's only on regulation.... I have reflowed the solder joints on almost all the coils (they all ohm out ok, and also all the switches on the reset bank. I'm at a loss and have to clue where to turn next. It seams like it's a timing issue, but the score motor shaft has a locating flat on both sides so I'm sure that the wiper fingers and cam are in the correct place.Like I said I'm about ready to move on I've spent too many hours checking and rechecking wires, switches and steppers..(I guess that's why I call it a hobby....If I had to make a living at this I'd starve!!!).... Also the schematic doesn't show any diagrams of the score motor so I have no clue which set of switches on the cam are.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill

#3 8 years ago

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it! My machine is a 1965 model and the controls are mounted on the back door not under the bed. I do not have a "all pins down relay" But it does have 3 separate 1 - 10 no coil relays located in the long relay bank. Are these the same as the all pins down relay? I've been through all these switches and they all seam to operate correctly but I will go through them again. My biggest fear is someone before me moved some wires or I have a broken wire somewhere causing this. Again thank you for the help!

#6 8 years ago

Yes I did go through the switches under the hood for all the pins. I hope these are the pictures you are wanting to see. I think the 1-10 no coil switches drop down when all the pins trip (strike / spare) then when the bank resets they are reset. All the steppers are nice and clean and free. I've done quite a few pinballs and use the systematic method of cleaning all the steppers, switches, score reels,,,,,,, and I've never had this much problems. Maybe I should have stuck to the pins

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#8 8 years ago

I will take some more pictures tonight and......... yes............ "after a strike or spare, score is added correctly, next frame is setup, and after next shot, things go hay wire?" ...................................Everything is OK in the strike or spare frame

#9 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

3 weeks later
    #15 8 years ago

Sorry the transformer didn't help. When I read you post I thought that makes sense I never checked it because I read somewhere that it's rare that they fail. I'm still wondering if someone before me didn't move a wire or a few wires or have a broken wire that is not visible. That's where I got frustrated because I don't have a clue how to trace them even with the schematic. As you can see I did re flow the solder joints thinking there was a cold joint . I did that one at a time being careful not to move them. Keep at it you'll figure it out and it will be worth it in the end.

#20 8 years ago

No I didn't find a broken finger not to say that it could have broken a long time ago. I hope somebody has a picture for you. You might try asking Mickey for a picture.

2 months later
    #38 8 years ago

Great news I'm sure you will enjoy it for a long time!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bill123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-ball-bowler-score-issue?tu=bill123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.