Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2356 (resized).JPG
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
Aztec (resized).JPG
IMG_2353 (resized).JPG
IMG_0884 (resized).jpg
IMG_2351 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Great_Man:

Here is a close up of how I moved the vertical rails. Of course in making that adjustment and changing a few bubs on the playfield - I have somehow set up a situation where the game will play for 2 balls and then blow a fuse which will shut all the lights on the playfield It is actually the 2nd fuse down on the fuse block in the base. Does anyone know what type of fuse this is. Does not say in the Manual. Then I have to figure out why all of a sudden I am blowing this fuse.[quoted image]

Do you have the schematic? You should be able to match the wire colors on the fuse holder to the wire colors in the schematic. If you remember which bulbs you swapped, it could be that in swapping the bulbs you shorted out the socket. If this socket only gets power after the second ball is no longer in play then that fuse would blow only when the 3rd ball is in play.

Gottlieb's Soccer has bonus rollovers in the playfield that only turn on when a specific ball is in play. There are four rollovers across the top. On balls 1 and 2, only the first rollover bonus is light. On ball 3, the second rollover turns on. On ball 4, the third rollover turns on and finally on ball 5, the last rollover turns on.

Regards,

Alberto

#12 4 years ago

Looking at the schematic, it's probably the 15A fuse with the BLUE wire coming out of it. That wire carries power to the Bonus Lights and also the Aztec lights. It's the fuse on the far left.

Aztec (resized).JPGAztec (resized).JPG

#17 4 years ago

The_Great_Man

I'm also an engineer and debugging problems on an EM is fun.

There seem to be a couple other wires going from the tab of the bulb socket that is giving you trouble to other bulb sockets. Are those working?

A couple more things to check in addition to the Z-relay.

1) Reflow the GND connection at the base of the bulb socket, where it gets screwed onto the playfield. When you manipulate the socket to get the new bulb into it, if you had a cold solder joint there, that connection could open.
2) Check to see if the bulb socket is good. Use alligator jumpers and bring the 6V from one of the playfield GI lights that is working to the tab on the bulb socket (where the yellow-blue wire attaches - don't connect it to anything else or you will short 6V to GND and blow the fuse). If the bulb lights up, then you know it's not the bulb socket and the problem is with getting power to the bulb socket. Which leads back to the "Z" relay that schudel5 mentions above.

Hope this helps,

Alberto

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Great_Man:

Thank you to all who helped solve my problem(s). I will list this problem as solved. Machine is working great - Now what - Buy another machine? Until next time....

It’s a fever. I bought my first EM last October. I’m up to 5 and just missed out on a Fast Draw yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Peruman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-aztec-moved-vertical-rails-behind-slingshots?tu=Peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.