Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2342 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
    zr1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

Buzzing can be caused by a number of things. The armature plate may be dirty or worn, The spring tension on the plate may be too high. The leaf switches themselves may be pulling with too much tension. Replacing the coils might help...might not.

#8 1 year ago

Thought I would mention. Out of literally hundreds of machines, here's how many coils I've had to replace due to buzzing.

zr1 (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago

When pressing on it makes it quieter, that suggest that there is too much tension pulling the plate back. This could be caused by too much tension from the armature spring. The other thing is the amount of tension being applied by the leaf switches. Especially the one in your first photo. It has six switches. You may have to adjust all of them to reduce the tension. I've seen some that will actually work with no armature spring attached. Just the tension from the switches was enough for them to spring back.

I've also seen lock relay coils that had the wrappers burnt to a crisp (like yours) and they still worked fine with no more buzz than normal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside