• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

z_sch_fuse_(resized).png
DSCN2704_0335_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

Picked up an Aztec yesterday. It's a major project.

The ID strip on the 4-holder fuse bracket is too dirty to make out the value of the fuses. Can't seem to find that info either in the on-line manual or schematics.

Starting from the top to the bottom, can someone let me know what the fuse values should be?

Thanks in advance.

#3 8 years ago

I tried both of those sources (and more) but just can't seem to find that info.

#4 8 years ago

Ok, I just looked on the schematics and found 5 fuses. One connected to the bridge rectifier (10A), one on the power cord (10A), two in the lower left of the schematics (15A) connected to 6v, one in the top left (15A) on 24v. I'm guessing the fuse for the power cord probably isn't in the bank of 4 you're seeing. Use a multimeter to figure out continuity for where each fuse ends up.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, I just looked on the schematics and found 5 fuses. One connected to the bridge rectifier (10A), one on the power cord (10A), two in the lower left of the schematics (15A) connected to 6v, one in the top left (15A) on 24v. I'm guessing the fuse for the power cord probably isn't in the bank of 4 you're seeing. Use a multimeter to figure out continuity for where each fuse ends up.

I'll check the schematics again. Obviously missed them the first couple of times reviewing that. Old man, bad eyes.

Don't really need the multimeter. Pretty sure at least two are bad........

DSCN2704_0335_(resized).JPGDSCN2704_0335_(resized).JPG

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Don't really need the multimeter. Pretty sure at least two are bad........

I meant, use the multimeter see where the wires led to. If you put one lead on the 6V line and go through and touch the ends of the fuses, you can figure out which ones are connected to 6V. Same goes for 24V and the positive output of the bridge rectifier.

[edit]: I moved the thread to the EM forum. I'm not an EM guy, so my experience with these kinds of games is limited.

#7 8 years ago

Ok-- you have a total of 5 fuses as Forceflow has pointed out.

The one for the bridge rectifier is a 10A fuse and will be on the bottom side of the playfield.

The remaining four are in the fuseholder in question. Confirm these with a multimeter before putting in fuses, but I can tell you that the 3 that carry 6v are 15A, and the one that carries 110v takes a 10A fuse. Using your photo as reference, the "bottom" fuse should be the 110v. Again confirm this with a multimeter.

Schematics for your machine can be found at http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=119. See colums 1&2 (for the 4 in your fuseholder) and 22E (bridge rectifier). The fuses are clearly marked in text, and with the fuse symbol below.

z_sch_fuse_(resized).pngz_sch_fuse_(resized).png

#8 8 years ago

i would replace those crappy fuse holders. they are the weak link and cause problems

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Ok-- you have a total of 5 fuses as Forceflow has pointed out.
The one for the bridge rectifier is a 10A fuse and will be on the bottom side of the playfield.
The remaining four are in the fuseholder in question. Confirm these with a multimeter before putting in fuses, but I can tell you that the 3 that carry 6v are 15A, and the one that carries 110v takes a 10A fuse. Using your photo as reference, the "bottom" fuse should be the 110v. Again confirm this with a multimeter.
Schematics for your machine can be found at http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=119. See colums 1&2 (for the 4 in your fuseholder) and 22E (bridge rectifier). The fuses are clearly marked in text, and with the fuse symbol below.

z_sch_fuse_(resized).png

Thanks all for the help. I had looked at the schematics but could only seem to find one fuse symbol. I've found them all now and can start seeing if this thing can be brought back to life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-aztec-fuse-values and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.