Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200614_142344.jpg
20200614_142400.jpg
#1 3 years ago

Ok, I can't remember if this was working properly before I tore it apart to rehab it, but I'm now at this point.

Game plays, but never progresses from "Ball 1". Start a game, drain ball, goes to player #2, ball 1. Then stays there, no matter how many drains. Did go to Player 3 once, but again, never leaves "Ball 1". (I'm not trying to play a multi-player game, just trying to play one player). I have checked everything, because I had a fuse blowing issue (melted coil), and an issue with the Bonus stuck advancing (coin switch closed). So now I'm at this issue. All stepper units have been cleaned and contacts adjusted where needed. Game was stripped, cleaned, shopped, etc etc, so could be something I did, or was like this prior.

Have read up on pinrepair.com, and have the manual/schematic.

Ideas?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

The coin unit sets up the number of players in a game. You can reset the machine to a 1-player game. Then take a look at the position of the coin unit. It should be reset in the first position. If the coin unit does advance after setting up a 1-player game, then you would need to check the circuit/switches that can send power to the coin unit step up solenoid:

Coin relay switches
Score motor switch 1B - orange/red wire and red/blue wire
Reset relay switches

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

The coin unit sets up the number of players in a game. You can reset the machine to a 1-player game. Then take a look at the position of the coin unit. It should be reset in the first position. If the coin unit does advance after setting up a 1-player game, then you would need to check the circuit/switches that can send power to the coin unit step up solenoid:
Coin relay switches
Reset relay switches

Thanks, will take a look!

#4 3 years ago

Did you take the player unit spider off the shaft? I did and replaced it 180 degrees off. Can't remember the symptoms, but it did play.

Don C

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Did you take the player unit spider off the shaft? I did and replaced it 180 degrees off. Can't remember the symptoms, but it did play.
Don C

Yup, but thought I put it back the way it came off, will also check that. Thanks

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Coin relay switches
Reset relay switches

EDIT: DUH, I figured it out, was resting on the WRONG side of the switch. FIXED! THANK YOU!

20200614_142344.jpg20200614_142344.jpg20200614_142400.jpg20200614_142400.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-aztec-ball-player-issue?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.