Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by danczaz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 04barb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

I finally got the game to boot after replacing many scanbe sockets. It boots but as soon as you turn on the power switch, the pin reset relay activates which makes the pin reset motor constantly cycle up and down. I checked the switches on the relay and motor and they seem fine. I also tried to add credits to the game by closing the coin switch but none registered. I'm thinking a transistor shorted which will could lock on the relay. Any suggestions?

#3 8 years ago

Okay, I will try the paper. What do you think about the coin switches not working?

#5 8 years ago

Come to find out when I turn on the game all solenoids turn on, not just the pin reset relay. So I'm thinking there is a blanking signal issue? The game does still boot and so I think I can do the built in CPU board diagnostics?

I replaced the 40 pin inter connector all well as all sockets: except for the small clock chip socket, which looks like a scanbe. Do you think the socket being bad could cause the blanking signal to be screwy?

#7 8 years ago

I suppose the next thing to do is to replace the small scanbe clock chip socket on the MPU board, and then see if I have a high blanking signal on pin 37 on the inter connector. I have replaced the inter connector female pins but not the male pins. There was major corrosion on the lower left side of the MPU board because the batteries had leaked. Perhaps corrosion has gotten underneath the male pins. I think I will replace the male pins and find out.

#8 8 years ago

I probed with my meter pin 37 and I had 4.7 volts. I took the board out and tested some of the small chips on the upper left side of the driver board, (TTL chips) I had one suspect chip (IC7) that had two readings of .74, which is out of range. That chip is connected to pin 37. I don't have a logic probe but I just ordered one. What should I do next besides replace IC7? Could IC7 be dragging down the blanking circuit?

#9 8 years ago

How do I change the title to " Williams shuffle alley blanking signal issues" ?

2 weeks later
    #10 8 years ago

I replaced both IC7 and the other 7408 Chip underneath it and now the solenoids no longer lock on when I power the game, and I can start a game. More play testing to follow. Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 04barb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-aristocrat-shuffle-alley-motor-issues?tu=04barb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.