You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180102_180449 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180102_180520 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180102_180503 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Would someone be able to post a close up pic of a Williams Argosy Credit Unit? Unfortunately, there is not an "Inside Backbox" photo on ipdb for this title, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I am seeing a separate switch stack on my credit unit that is not pushed/pulled by anything (The switches are permanently open/closed), so I'm wondering if this is something that is common to Argosy, or did someone in the past replace the original credit unit with one from a different machine. Thanks in advance!!

#2 6 years ago

Post a picture of your credit unit.

#3 6 years ago

Of course; sorry for the delay.....
IMG_20180102_180503 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_180503 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180102_180449 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_180449 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180102_180520 (resized).jpgIMG_20180102_180520 (resized).jpg

Was this something that Williams did with other machines? It appears that they may have used these switches in order to make the connections to the existing wire harness easier?

#4 6 years ago

That is correct and factory, although not original wire.

#5 6 years ago

The picture of your switches show someone that has set the game to free play.

It’s a common practice to remove the back screw and turn that group of switches outward like that so that the credit wheel never comes in contact with the switch stack.

As long as that top switch is closed, the game will always think it has a credit, thus the game will always start without droppong a coin or adding a credit.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The picture of your switches show someone that has set the game to free play.
It’s a common practice to remove the back screw and turn that group of switches outward like that so that the credit wheel does never comes in to contact with the switch stack.
As long as that top switch is closed, the game will always think it has a credit, thus the game will always start without droppong a coin or adding a credit.

Good catch, I thought he did that just to show us the switch stacks. I thought he was just questioning the top switch.

#7 6 years ago

Wow.......I cannot believe that I didn't notice that the switch stack had been rotated from it's original position; If that's not a total "DUH!!!" moment, I don't know what is Thanks Snyper2099 for pointing that out!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-argosy-credit-unit-photo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.