(Topic ID: 78124)

Williams Apron Remakes - What titles to start with? Cast your vote.

By merfeldma

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by StupidJackpot
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF2628 Crop.jpg
IMG_3998.JPG
_L2C6548.jpg
80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1.jpeg
HighSpeed Apron-68.jpg
m7wIL6j1PTyzfv6d3vzZybw.jpg

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Hoping to do a pre-order soon, but will probably need to take deposits in order to partially cover the cost of materials.

i will pay in full to get a TOTAN apron !!!

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Hoping to do a pre-order soon, but will probably need to take deposits in order to partially cover the cost of materials.

Does anyone fund themselves anymore? Pre-orders for all pinball items.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's great to hear, I will get the pre-order list started on a separate thread mid-week.

#254 5 years ago

Any news about Roadshow aprons? I'm in with one...

1 week later
#256 5 years ago

I prepay for 2 pcs of TAF apron =)

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Any news about roadshow aprons? I'm in with one...

+1

Would buy a TAF as well.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

I prepay for 2 pcs of TAF apron =)

I'll have to get ahold of Stu at CPR and figure out the 3rd party licensing so we can make this happening.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hopefully this will result in a lower price and more stuffs made =)

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Hopefully this will result in a lower price and more stuffs made =)

I'll buy a RS apron if made, but I'm not pre-ordering it.

2 weeks later
#261 5 years ago

This seems to have come up in passing in this thread a couple times, but never seems to get answered so...

Will you ever consider re-making the older generic aprons that so many of us Bally/Williams/Gottleib EM owners have and would LOVE to have new versions of. Unfortunately for me, I learned about the PinRescue guys and their Williams apron decals just a week too late and was not able to order one before they got the cease and desist or whatever it was. I would have definitely got one of those.

I'd LOVE to see someone reproduce these. As others have said, it would be an easy way to do a run of aprons that a lot of people would likely buy. Lord knows those old aprons are generally in rough shape.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

This seems to have come up in passing in this thread a couple times, but never seems to get answered so...
Will you ever consider re-making the older generic aprons that so many of us Bally/Williams/Gottleib EM owners have and would LOVE to have new versions of. Unfortunately for me, I learned about the PinRescue guys and their Williams apron decals just a week too late and was not able to order one before they got the cease and desist or whatever it was. I would have definitely got one of those.
I'd LOVE to see someone reproduce these. As others have said, it would be an easy way to do a run of aprons that a lot of people would likely buy. Lord knows those old aprons are generally in rough shape.

There is good news on this front. This week we worked out a deal with PPS, Marco Specialties and Ministry of Pinball to distribute arches so we will be able to introduce more games rather than doing all of the selling ourselves.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

roadshow!! I have never seen a modern apron flake like this one...

I own a Road Show and my apron must have been made on a good day! No flake at all and is in perfect condition. A friend of mine owns one and it is pretty bubbled up.

IMG_3998.JPG

I guess L.Kalinowski didn't let anything slide. LOL

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from DannyFresh:

I own a Road Show and my apron must have been made on a good day! No flake at all and is in perfect condition. A friend of mine owns one and it is pretty bubbled up.

Mine's all bubbled...my guess would be about 90% of them are.

I think this ought to be one of the first aprons made...there are a lot of RS games out there that could use a new apron.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

There is good news on this front. This week we worked out a deal with PPS, Marco Specialties and Ministry of Pinball to distribute arches so we will be able to introduce more games rather than doing all of the selling ourselves.

Superb! Thanks for the update!

Looking forward to seeing more aprons available. I can't be the only one out there who would buy one of these...

DSCF2628 Crop.jpg

2 weeks later
#266 5 years ago

TZ on e-bay ending in about 1.5 hours - not mine . . .

ebay.com link

5 months later
#267 4 years ago

Any news on the RS apron remake? Still waiting...

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

I Doubt we will be that lucky, all Planetary Pinball and certain others seem to be making is the later stuff, older SS and EM they don't seem to give a dam about or you get cheaper overlay, Translite, decal options because there "isn't the demand for it" as I have heard and read before. So over the bull $#%*.

#269 4 years ago

I thought we were getting a Funhouse apron also. This project seems MIA at this point.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I thought we were getting a Funhouse apron also. This project seems MIA at this point.

The fact the guy making these is in Dental school it seems this project may not continue, especially after the issue with the TOTAN apron!

#271 4 years ago

Great to hear people are still interested in these apron remakes. Managing all of the pieces of the puzzle is the most difficult and time consuming thing. Things went off without a hitch with HS, but there were a few hiccups with TOTAN just due to the complexity of the artwork and using a new silk screener. Lessons were learned and processes improved.
Since dental school has added so much more to the plate lately I'm consulting with some people to help ease the burdens and streamline the process. As it turns out you can't really do it all yourself, as my wife will attest when she was busy running the shipping department. We are looking forward to moving ahead with a new game soon, but don't want to step too far until all of the pieces are together.

4 years later
#272 34 days ago

Reviving an ancient thread to see if any progress had been made in making replica aprons? I myself am in dire need of an F-14 apron, and am sure many other pinsiders would love to see replica, unobtanium aprons pumped out for their favorite pins too!

#273 33 days ago

Update for any future interested parties: Got in contact with Planetary, they are still releasing aprons, just in batches. They have a wishlist so that you will be notified when the next batch releases. No ETA on run times, however.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside