(Topic ID: 78124)

Williams Apron Remakes - What titles to start with? Cast your vote.

By merfeldma

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2628 Crop.jpg
IMG_3998.JPG
_L2C6548.jpg
80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1.jpeg
HighSpeed Apron-68.jpg
m7wIL6j1PTyzfv6d3vzZybw.jpg
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

All the aprons are the same from that era.

Are all the aprons from the standard-width games the same in the 90's, too? Just curious...

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Are all the aprons from the standard-width games the same in the 90's, too? Just curious...

No they are different.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

No they are different.

And it's surprising how different they all are.

#154 10 years ago

Addams Family!

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Will you do the widebody games as well, like Paragon and Embryon?

Of course we are working on CAD drawings for Widebody games as we speak.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Do you have any idea as to when you would look into doing the Bally aprons? Is it something slated for 2014 or further out? Thanks!

We will have to see how sales go on our first few sets. If the first few games are successful we will hopefully have a good deal of titles out in 2014.

On another note, when we start development on games we like to have a decent physical copy on hand to compare against the old blueprints we have from Williams/Bally. Often with older games their is no art file so we need to scan in and have someone in the art department vector the art for silk screens. The short of this means if you are able to provide us with a decent representation for our development of a game we would repay you with a brand new apron in addition to returning your old one.

#157 10 years ago

We are looking into the licensing options for Addams Family. While we would like to keep costs down to buyers we hope everyone understands there will be a cost increase due to the license costs.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And it's surprising how different they all are.

What kind of differences? I'm assuming the main differences would be the cutout locations for the trough exits, the ball return area, and the one at the front edge for the ball return solenoid clearance. But what else could there be?

My thought was just that I'm sure there must have been at least a few titles that have identical aprons. I'm thinking ones like TAF, FT, BSD, CFTBL, and others that are all standard width that might use the same trough setup would be a few. Am I wrong in that assumtion?

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

What kind of differences? I'm assuming the main differences would be the cutout locations for the trough exits, the ball return area, and the one at the front edge for the ball return solenoid clearance. But what else could there be?
My thought was just that I'm sure there must have been at least a few titles that have identical aprons. I'm thinking ones like TAF, FT, BSD, CFTBL, and others that are all standard width that might use the same trough setup would be a few. Am I wrong in that assumtion?

It doesn't really matter what the difference is....big difference, little difference. If there is one, it has to be made that way.

Matt stopped over the other night and picked up my MM, AFM and BSD aprons and they were all different. We then looked at my WH2O and SS. They're also different. If you have a bunch of Williams/Bally titles, take a look and see what I mean.

I would imagine there are some games that use the identical apron design, but I don't have enough games to look at to see.

Now, throw in the shooter guide and it complicates things. On some games, the guide is physically part of the apron. On others, it was screwed to the apron. And on others, it's a separate piece.

I personally think Matt's insane for taking this on, but I don't doubt for a minute he'll get it done.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I personally think Matt's insane for taking this on

Bryan, can you wait until Matt reproduces the Medusa apron before you call him names please???

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would imagine there are some games that use the identical apron design, but I don't have enough games to look at to see.

I'm sure there are a few on this forum that can probably take on that challenge! (I'm looking at you pmWolf )

I just can't imagine that with as much cost-cutting as B/W liked to do when producing these games, they didn't take the opportunity to make at least a couple of games with the same apron pattern. It sure would've saved them money on new stamping dies. And those things aren't cheap.

#162 10 years ago

Medusa!!!!!

#163 10 years ago

STTNG and BSD!! Would be very happy indeed!!

I really appreciate efforts like this and those involved in making them happen. Thanks to Matt, Rick, Bryan, and everyone else involved with this and other carefully faithful parts reproduction efforts.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

On another note, when we start development on games we like to have a decent physical copy on hand to compare against the old blueprints we have from Williams/Bally. Often with older games their is no art file so we need to scan in and have someone in the art department vector the art for silk screens.

Matt, sent you a PM! I am more than willing to provide my Medusa apron as an example and I already have the artwork for Medusa in Vector format that I would also share in hopes of getting this apron reproduced! Let me know!!

#166 10 years ago

can someone confirm?, but I believe that the original creature from the black lagoon aprons had the seaweed in the center screened.

is there any chance that you would be able to pull that off (along with the screened shooter guide) considering that it's not licensed artwork?

rick:
it would be nice if you could reproduce those "universal monsters" circle stickers which were applied between the seaweed too

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Matt, sent you a PM! I am more than willing to provide my Medusa apron as an example and I already have the artwork for Medusa in Vector format that I would also share in hopes of getting this apron reproduced! Let me know!!

I have that era Bally apron already reverse-engineered in Pro-Engineer CAD ready to build the stamping dies.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I have that era Bally apron reverse-engineered in Pro-Engineer CAD.

So all we need now is to get it manufactured!!!!

#170 10 years ago

I started the project over a year ago and have been looking for someone to partner with and take care of the decoration. My area of specialty is in tool design/tool making not printing.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I started the project over a year ago and have been looking for someone to partner with and take care of the decoration. My area of specialty is in tool design/tool making not printing.

My expertise is in beer so you're ahead of me!!!! I know one of the CPR artist and he did the artwork for the Medusa apron some time ago, He was nice enough to send it to me and I have an apron that I am more than willing to send in for an example. Again, just a matter of the folks responsible for this project being willing to do it sooner or later (hopefully sooner).

#172 10 years ago

Funhouse and System 11

#173 10 years ago

If there is one thing i have learned over the years making pinball parts is that I don't want to compete with others in the small niche' industry unless I have to. That's why up to this point, I only make stuff no one else does. I would love to go into a venture like this with a partner but am not going to compete with merfeldma if he beats me to it. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. There's not a whole lot of incentive to do so unless the competition is asking outrageous prices for the stuff. I don't charge an arm and a leg for the parts I make now and am not going to ever get rich from making them. It's more of a hobby to me.

I have a new project in the works right now that does not involve pinball. I'm now in the reproduction Motorcycle parts business too! My first order is due in today. 2,000 Kawasaki motorcycle sprockets.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Luckily our manufacturing facility can do both manufacturing, powder coating, and printing in house. Gatecrasher, if you wanted to work together on this send me a PM.

1 week later
#175 10 years ago

TOTAN for sure ,lots of them out there are in bad shape ,people will buy them for sure

#176 10 years ago

My vote is for Monster Bash and Addams Family

#177 10 years ago

Monster bash please

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

roadshow!! I have never seen a modern apron flake like this one...

Just looked at mine and realize mine has some bubbles under the black! Wtf? No flaking but i can see where I might!

#180 10 years ago

Black Knight!

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from slow1000rider03:

Just looked at mine and realize mine has some bubbles under the black! Wtf? No flaking but i can see where I might!

Probably have pin holes in the paint. Doesn't take much.

#182 10 years ago

SYS11 Black

#183 10 years ago

Something tells me you can't do the flintstones apron since it's a plastic mold.
But a new system 9 apron would be fantastic

#184 10 years ago

Medusa, Embryon, Paragon, Fathom, Frontier, ALL CLASSIC STERNS!

#185 10 years ago

I am pleased to announce that we are getting ready to start production on our first arch, "High Speed". We'll be offering them for pre-sale in a week or two hopefully on Pinside to get an idea of production numbers. Rick with Planetary Pinball is also busy working on distribution so they are available from multiple sources as well.

HighSpeed Apron-68.jpgHighSpeed Apron-68.jpg
#186 10 years ago

Sorecerer! Are any of the aprons the same for several games and not just game specific?

#187 10 years ago

80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1.jpeg80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1.jpeg

#188 10 years ago

The High Speed pre-order is now live with a separate thread. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We are hoping High Speed is a success so we are able to hit our goal of making many more titles.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-high-speed-ball-archapron-remakes#post-1515821

#189 10 years ago

TOTAN for sure ,I think alot of us needs them

#190 10 years ago

RoadShow pleasepleaseplease....

#191 10 years ago

There are at least 3 people over at flippermarkt.de waiting to order a perfect Roadshow apron! And the thread for a collective order was not even opened yet! So thumbs up for RS!

#192 10 years ago

Monster Bash and Roadshow

#193 10 years ago

Working on RS artwork as we speak.

#194 10 years ago

Enough "speak" and more work. You have people waiting.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

And keeping the price $50 - 75.

Hahah! Sure...

Edit : wow I am surprised it's actually close to that range after looking, usually this type of stuff is just outright highway robbery.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Working on RS artwork as we speak.

I'm in for a Roadshow apron.

#198 10 years ago

And.. I can draw the part and get you an art file if you would like.

How do you plan on doing the De-boss ?? Making a die or using one of those "Offset wheels" in the turret?

Bob

2 months later
#199 9 years ago

Update?

#200 9 years ago

High Speed should be getting finished in the next week or two. All of the parts (apron and shooter gauge) have been stamped and powder coated. Pictures soon to follow once the silkscreening is finished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 75.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 110.00
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-apron-remakes-what-titles-to-start-with-cast-your-vote/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.