(Topic ID: 78124)

Williams Apron Remakes - What titles to start with? Cast your vote.

By merfeldma

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF2628 Crop.jpg
IMG_3998.JPG
_L2C6548.jpg
80040-thank-you-dear-sweet-baby-jesu-JvU1.jpeg
HighSpeed Apron-68.jpg
m7wIL6j1PTyzfv6d3vzZybw.jpg

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm not sure these can get made for $75, though. I'd guess you're looking at double that, realistically. Maybe 3x

I agree... at least $150 to make it worth while. That's chump change in the pinball world.

#52 5 years ago

I could use an IJ and a Champion Pub. I have one of each with physical damage - IE can't be refinished and decaled.

#53 5 years ago

indiana jones

#54 5 years ago

I know this is for apron but what about speaker panels. A replacement TOM speaker panel is sorely needed.

#55 5 years ago

AFM for me if it's not more than 90$

#56 5 years ago

seems like Roadshow is a clear winner (assuming price is reasonable?)

What are you thinking price will be?

#57 5 years ago

Something less than $100 would be nice. Not sure if it's possible though.

#61 5 years ago

Roadshow and Judge Dredd.

#63 5 years ago

My TAF would need some serious apron-lovin'

#64 5 years ago

Roadshow, taf and bop.

#66 5 years ago

Definitely TAF and T2

#67 5 years ago

another candidate would be Party Zone.

I don't what type of paint they used back then, but try to clean one....the paint just wipes right off.

Same thing with TAF

#68 5 years ago

TAF. $60.

I say $60 because Bally aprons of a certain era are all the same and I can just buy a used one, powdercoat it black, print out the artwork I painstakingly, and 99.99% accurately, recreated onto a clear decal sheet from my friend's ALPS printer, and clearcoat over the whole thing for about half that amount.

I may be in the minority, though. In fact, I might be the only one with that situation....

#69 5 years ago

The Shadow
Judge Dredd (anyone have the plastic that goes over the shooter area?)

#70 5 years ago

Roadshow, definitaly. As far as I know there was a production fault resulting in almost all Roadshow aprons getting rusty...

Would pay 60 to 70 Dollars the most.

#71 5 years ago

I must have been crazy lucky, because my RS had an extremely nice and not rusted apron. But I agree that almost every other game I have seen have been rusted to hell and back.

#72 5 years ago

Totan and The Getaway!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

roadshow. They all have rust issues.

I agree, they are always bubbly in appearence.

#74 5 years ago

I would be in for a TOTAN, but only if the apron is as original. It was not powdercoated, but instead zinc plated with a yellow chromate bath giving it a gold look (the same treatment was applied to the wire ramp, sword, etc). I realize that gold colored powdercoating may be more durable, but I really want the original appearance. Thanks so much for considering these.

#75 5 years ago

Yup, Pinbot/System 11. And TOTAN. My old TOTAN was gorgeous, besides the weird discolored apron.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

TAF. $60.
I say $60 because Bally aprons of a certain era are all the same and I can just buy a used one, powdercoat it black, print out the artwork I painstakingly, and 99.99% accurately, recreated onto a clear decal sheet from my friend's ALPS printer, and clearcoat over the whole thing for about half that amount.
I may be in the minority, though. In fact, I might be the only one with that situation....

With all that work and hours I think you may be in the minority. But your having fun doing it.

#77 5 years ago

If it's Planetary, I gotta guess they'll be north of $100. I'd love to see them between $60-$80, but I doubt that's feasible.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With all that work and hours I think you may be in the minority. But you're having fun doing it.

And I can do whatever the hell I want with the artwork! As long as it's just for myself of course....

#81 5 years ago
#82 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why not go with this: http://www.treasure-cove.net/TalesoftheArabianNights.htm
I think he has other titles as well... AFM, RS, MM

Because in the case of RS, the apron itself is rusted for most.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree... at least $150 to make it worth while. That's chump change in the pinball world.

Beyond $75.00, I'd probably be out.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

and because decals suck and look nothing like silkscreening. I have seen quite a few decals that fade quickly or peel up easily (Yes, even when applied properly)

#86 5 years ago

$65 for a silkscreened standard Williams, used on many machines, would be a good point for that apron, or lower. I can't see getting them less than $55 but wishing for $65 is probably too hopeful.m7wIL6j1PTyzfv6d3vzZybw.jpg

#87 5 years ago

TOTAN--quite rare to find a nice one.

Many have been given the full-brass treatment or Krylon paint job.

Would LOVE to buy a repro of this one!

#88 5 years ago

System 11's....anything solid state. These pins need it!

#89 5 years ago

Classic 80s Ballys. Lots of bang for the development buck since there are a few colors that get used over and over.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Rusted shouldn't be a problem since you have to strip it down to the bare metal and repaint anyway. If you're talking rusted and pitted that would be a problem. RS sounds like a good candidate for a remake.

I have done an AFM and a ToTAN apron using the high quality TC decals and they turned out as nice as the original apron IMO. TC also has the cheaper apron decals which I don't recommend.

#91 5 years ago

If the TOTAN aprons are done, I just hope they are not gold powdercoat, paint, or brass plate (I realize those finishes may look nice). I really want to see the original yellow chromated zinc finish - anything else is a "mod" in my opinion (maybe nice, but a mod nonetheless). Original please!!! Again, thanks for considering these.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay-T:

If the TOTAN aprons are done

Yes, it would be highly desirable to get the TOTAN done right. I haven't used decals on mine because I'd first have to do something with the base, and there is no way I'd get that right on my own.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay-T:

If the TOTAN aprons are done, I just hope they are not gold powdercoat, paint, or brass plate (I realize those finishes may look nice). I really want to see the original yellow chromated zinc finish - anything else is a "mod" in my opinion (maybe nice, but a mod nonetheless). Original please!!! Again, thanks for considering these.

I guess we would need to listen to everyone and get a consensus. Plating like original is certainly an option, but the powder coat could also look nice and be really durable with no chance for spotting. We want to hear your opinions though. Right now it seems like plating is the favored method.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

I guess we would need to listen to everyone and get a consensus. Plating like original is certainly an option, but the powder coat could also look nice and be really durable with no chance for spotting. We want to hear your opinions though. Right now it seems like plating is the favored method.

I would always prefer they be done as they were originally. Could some be left unfinished? That way people could have them plated or painted how they want.

#95 5 years ago

NGG is pretty bland. That would be nice.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would always prefer they be done as they were originally. Could some be left unfinished? That way people could have them plated or painted how they want.

That's something that could be considered.

#98 5 years ago

Roadshow! I think every one of them is rusty.

#99 5 years ago

Keep the suggestions coming, we are getting really good feedback.

#100 5 years ago

For TOTAN, you could start with a chromed apron and powdercoat it with a transparent yellow. That might give a pretty high mirror-like finish while retaining the durability of a powdercoat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oshkosh, WI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Freehold, NJ
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cinnaminson, NJ
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 90.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside