Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by setzkor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I recently came across a few videos on the internet of Apollo in operation and notice that there is a backbox light animation. It seems that at least the A-P-O-L-L-O is supposed to blink, as well as possibly something in the command center. I have never seen mine do this, and was wondering when this is supposed to happen, and where the switches for this would be located. I can't find any mention of the individual lights on the schematic, and the wiring (at least the current wiring) seems to have all of these lights wired in parallel without distinct wires going to individual lamps.

Any thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

Any blinking going on behind the title letters is just someone putting blinking bulbs there. Normal GI circuit on the two I have owned.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks, that's what I thought looking at the wiring, but am willing to be proven wrong. It is odd that it's present on most videos I have seen on youtube and here, I think someone even mentioned it in another post. I just know that any blinking I currently have going on with the lights is due to sockets circa 1967...

#4 3 years ago

455 bulbs are the blinkers

#5 3 years ago

did you count backwards from 10?

#6 3 years ago

Were 455 bulbs in there standard? Or is that just something people were doing to jazz it up?

Hmmm, perhaps if I counted drinks backwards from 10, they would all blink and I wouldn't have to remove the backglass. Now that is a show I can get on board with.

#7 3 years ago

On some schematics the 'Flashers' are listed. For Gottliebs not sure on Williams the marque part of the backglass usually has flashers installed. There is a larger cut out around the light bulb location, to make room for the ease of installing and removing the 455 bulbs.

#8 3 years ago

Ok, that must be it, thanks. I'll have to check for some 455 red LEDs. Heresy I know, but the BL has flaking and the low temp of the LEDs make me feel better... And the red helps me not notice a previous not so great attempt at a repair. They can't all be perfect right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 149.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside