You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
20150619_200849.jpg
20150619_192944.jpg
20150619_194722.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

Resurrecting this tread, both for help, and so that anyone with this problem in the future will be able to find one thread with various answers.

I have the same, but intermittent, repeat firing of the small ball in the bagatelle. Have tried both solutions noted above. And multiple other tracings, using paper between switches, etc. Every time I think it is solved, I play a game or two or three and iiittttssss baaaaack. In my case, the one recurring theme is the launch relay sticks on. Manually pull to disengage the relay, and it stops. I have a vague suspicion it is related to the advance unit 10th position switch, but no real proof. Frankly out of ideas otherwise.

Any fresh ideas appreciated.

#21 2 years ago

Bumping and adding, like with one of the posts above. The ball count unit is not moving to the next ball. Tried playing with different springs on the ball count. Even manually moving the plungers to count through all 5 balls. Nothing stopped the small ball from firing repeatedly. Could it be the 10th position on the advance relay, and how do I test that?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#22 2 years ago

Last post: Found two problems. First, there was some gunk on the switch stack for the small ball rest switch. Turned out it was conductive. Second, the spring on the launch relay latch was weak. Cleaned the gunk, replaced the spring. Fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-apollo-em-help-with-launch-relay?tu=DCRand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.