(Topic ID: 262656)

Williams Alternator Unit: Optional?

By redrock

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stardust Bumper (resized).jpg
    0Four-Roses-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My Stardust works great with the 25 cent coin.

However, it has no Alternator Unit and no 5 cent relay. But it has a 10 cent relay. So, when if I got a 10 cent acceptor would it work with 10 cents without the Alternator Unit? (The schematic shows all coins and the Alternator.)

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Rolf. Since I don't have the Alternator Unit, I will get a used 10 cent acceptor for the second chute and set it to 3 games, complementing the first chute with 25 cents at 5 games.

While some people like free replay I find that using a bowl of coins makes the game more interesting.

#5 4 years ago

Rolf,
    If I could bother you with one more question that I have had since day one. While the machine is working pretty well, one of the pop bumpers hangs up. As you can see from the photo, the white round plastic with the long stem doesn't stay into cup switch. The ball will trip it and the stem will find its way stuck outside the cup so that it doesn't operate.

It's like the cup is to small! I have no idea what's wrong. Tightening the spring hasn't help. Do you have any idea? Have you seen this before? The other four bumpers stay within the cup although just at the edge.

I have thought of gluing a small plastic disk at the end of the stem to ensure there is some contact with the cup regardless of the position of the stem.

Thanks, Eddie

Stardust Bumper (resized).jpgStardust Bumper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redrock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-alternator-unit-optional?tu=redrock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.