• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by dhutton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Just a quick question:
The manual says, if you set it to Add-a-ball, the match number must be set to OFF.
However, in both my Williams EM games, keeping the match number ON will give me both extra balls for specials, AND and extra ball for the match number. What am I missing here? It's nice to have both features. Why should match number be OFF? (Klondike and Gulfstream)

#2 5 months ago

You can leave it that way. I had a "Blue Chip" once which did the same thing. I believe these instructions were only intended for commercial use.

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from Skybug:

The manual says, if you set it to Add-a-ball, the match number must be set to OFF.
However, in both my Williams EM games, keeping the match number ON will give me both extra balls for specials, AND and extra ball for the match number. What am I missing here?

From an operator's perspective, you only want to give one match award per game. If you drain the would-have-been last ball in play and win another ball by matching, then it now becomes the last ball in play, and you go through another match routine when it drains.

In certain early Bally add-a-balls, they had a match feature which awarded an extra ball for the next game. That gives a strong incentive to buy that next game!
.................David Marston

#4 5 months ago

On my "Blue Chip", I once got three consective "match" awards which basically allowed me three additional last balls! Crazy, because you don't see the match number come up. It just goes briefly to "game over", then knocks and adds one more ball.

#5 5 months ago

I like it! The more balls, the better!

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from dmarston:

In certain early Bally add-a-balls, they had a match feature which awarded an extra ball for the next game. That gives a strong incentive to buy that next game!

Yup. My "Hay-Ride" does this.

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from dmarston:

.................David Marston

I never knew that, but what a great idea. I can see how that would want to make you drop another quarter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
$ 7.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!