(Topic ID: 241512)

Williams 8 Ball Ball count issue

By jonno-oz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonno-oz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi all.
    Have a Williams 8 ball I have recently brought back from the dead and have managed to get it working except for one major issue.
    The machine is stuck on ball 1, despite the fact that the coil pulses and the lever attempts to advance the cog to it's next position.
    If I manually activate the advance coil the stepper advances as it should.
    The top reset coil stays slightly pulled in and as far as I can tell, the step up when pulled in with enough power pushes down another lever which disengages the reset (top) coil lever. and pulls the cog around to advance to the next position.
    It seems as if there is not enough voltage at the step up coil. The coil kicks the lever twice but does not move the lever quite enough to disengage the arm that holds in the top reset lever whichI think is stopping the cog advancing.. Hopefully this makes sense.
    I have cleaned and tested switches on ex ball, outhole, and ball index as well as motor switches, so am at a loss here.
    Does anyone have a schematic and could describe what is in the circuit for the step up on the ball count?Thanks in advance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonno-oz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-8-ball-ball-count-issue?tu=jonno-oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.