(Topic ID: 208814)

Williams 74-75 era Ball Stepper switch..

By Coyote

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180131_201623 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180131_201730 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hey all -
This may be a silly question, but my google-fu seems to be failing. Likely I'm using the wrong words, admittedly.

Having to rebuild my ball stepper unit on my Big Ben. The switch that indicates position 0 has been bent horribly (guessing bad adjustments over many years), and just wanted to get a new one.

However, in the 74-75 parts list, while the stepper units are specified, they do not show a switch. Anyone happen to know the part number for the switch?

--Mike

#2 6 years ago

Are you speaking of the spider switch/wheel that rotates on the Stepper points?

#3 6 years ago

Can you make the faulty blades with these parts?
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Sorry guys. Tried to upload pics, but apparently my laptop is having issues, so I'm on my phone doing this.

See here. I'm not meaning the spider leafs.. Just this little thing here:

IMG_20180131_201730 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_201730 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180131_201623 (resized).jpgIMG_20180131_201623 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

That's not bad, you can easily straight that out.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's not bad, you can easily straight that out.

Won't damage or cause the contacts to misalign and cause issues? (Always been hesitant to bend leaf switches too much..!)

#7 6 years ago

A had a game that had a reset bank on the bottom of the playfield and the switch leafs were bent at 90 degree angles...many of them. It took some work, but I was able to straighten them out enough so that the game worked great for many years

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

A had a game that had a reset bank on the bottom of the playfield and the switch leafs were bent at 90 degree angles...many of them. It took some work, but I was able to straighten them out enough so that the game worked great for many years

Cool, thanks. I'll go ahead and bend it back. It'll be a while, as I gotta rebuild the stepper units after I get new coils/sleeves in. But if I run into an issue, I'll let everyone know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-74-75-era-ball-stepper-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.