Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8B9D0FD-CA4C-411B-97DA-55AE0D00DEC5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191201_182919979 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190705_225601 (resized).jpg
20190617_124030 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm struggling to find drop targets for my Williams Triple Action. PBR sold a plain RED replacement (BLY-C947-1) but out of stock for some time...so I'm hoping someone has tried this before - using/modifying a later one such as this Bally set https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_56_248&products_id=17650

Does anyone have one of these to take some measurements for me?

Has anybody tried something else with success?

Other pins using the same drop - Grand Prix and Liberty Bell.

Regards, Steve

20190617_124030 (resized).jpg20190617_124030 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Early-Stern games used those too (and by extension, possibly some late Chicago Coin?) A Stern "Pinball" parts playfield will get you 5 of them.

#3 4 years ago

There is a guy with a shop in Vancouver, BC, CAN, that should have that drop target in NOS. Not cheap, but if you only need one or two ... ?

I am not associated with the shop, but bought one for my Grand Prix recently to replace a target that shattered.
https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/drop-target-bullseye-p-5544

If that's too rich for your budget, I have one that I could take measurements for you. What exactly do you need to know?

#4 4 years ago

The Williams manual shows part number 3A-7265 or 3A-7335.

This site in Sweden shows red and yellow drop targets:

"WMS-03-7335-6
Target, Yellow 2 Rivet Type 1.1/16 - 1.1/8 , Italy

3A-7335-4 , 3A-7335-6 , 03-7335"

http://www.pin-games.se/parts/pinball/williams/catalogue.htm

Don't know if this will work for you, but part A-7073-1 Runbikeskilee linked to also looks right - both have the bullseye and two rivet holes. I just measured the drop targets on my Liberty Bell and the measurements look right, but check/specify the color before ordering - the text specifies yellow not red. They are $4.22 each.

#5 4 years ago

Try this SVG file for size:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KA9sKpIUMTMKHuisVeuFCdkKaYLPXry_/view?usp=drivesdk

Open with inkscape or illustrator.
The 1x1 square is there for scale. Its not the size of the target.

If you're not in a hurry. I have ordered some red plexi and i will laser cut and etch a set for my restauration. I can make an extra set no big deal. And ship to you.

Could not find the rivets, so planning on using M2 brass screws ans nuts with locktite to secure.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help. I've messaged www.pin-games.se as to availability.

Fred736 - I'll take you up on that offer if nothing comes of the above, thanks!

#7 4 years ago

Post back and let us know on availability at pin-games.se.

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

Targets done.
The red is darker than the original.
But its not like there is an infinite choices of red plexi out there...
You ask for red and you get what they ship ya.
But i still think it will look pretty good.

IMG_20190705_225601 (resized).jpgIMG_20190705_225601 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Targets done.
The red is darker than the original.
But its not like there is an infinite choices of red plexi out there...
You ask for red and you get what they ship ya.
But i still think it will look pretty good.

A lot of folks need them. You should make a bunch and sell them on eBay. As far as the red being darker if it were me I would simply replace all of them with new then sell whats left if any original targets to get some coin back. Just my 2 cents.

4 months later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A lot of folks need them. You should make a bunch and sell them on eBay. As far as the red being darker if it were me I would simply replace all of them with new then sell whats left if any original targets to get some coin back. Just my 2 cents.

I second this!

I had to replace a target on my Grand Prix, and I ended up buying a whole assembly on EBay just to get the target.

I was able to clean them up a bit and repaint the rings.
IMG_20191201_182919979 (resized).jpgIMG_20191201_182919979 (resized).jpg

I was thinking about adding some mylar over the targets to help prevent future breakage. (anyone else try this?)

-Paul

#11 4 years ago

Mylar should protect the touched up paint on the bulls eye, but it probably won't prevent breakage if the target gets hit hard enough. You'd also likely need to cut out matching holes where the rivets are, or the mylar will not lay down flat and will likely look odd.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Mylar should protect the touched up paint on the bulls eye, but it probably won't prevent breakage if the target gets hit hard enough. You'd also likely need to cut out matching holes where the rivets are, or the mylar will not lay down flat and will likely look odd.

Thanks. Maybe I'll just put a little clearcoat on them then.

-Paul

8 months later
#13 3 years ago

Hello,

I’m very interested in making some new drop targets for my Williams Grand Prix and was wondering how well the Plexiglass was holding up?

My concern is that the plexiglass may be a bit brittle when compared to the original material.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Martin

1 year later
#14 2 years ago

I made some similar target faces for Williams Big Ben. They look similar to the ones but are a just a bit wider. These could easily be made in different sizes. I also found rivets that work perfectly. The picture is an early draft before it was assembled, but you can get the idea. Message me if you want the files, etc.

E8B9D0FD-CA4C-411B-97DA-55AE0D00DEC5 (resized).jpegE8B9D0FD-CA4C-411B-97DA-55AE0D00DEC5 (resized).jpeg
#15 2 years ago

I'm excited for these going into my Big Ben. These are the wide targets which are also on "Pinball" (Stern) as mentioned above that Steve Young doesn't have and I checked on those recently too. The material that DavidLee is using is slightly thicker than the original but that shouldn't be of any obstruction.

I beat on it with a wrench to try and break it, probably more excessive force than a pinball, stayed in one piece.

I'm also rebuilding the flippers with all 1990's WMS/BLY parts excluding the coils and obviously EOS will be NC style. So, it will be seeing some abuse soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-70s-drop-targets?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.