kt-wstep-01.jpg
DSC03581.JPG
DSC03580.JPG
DSC03579.JPG
DSC03578.JPG
DSC03577.JPG
4_rosses2.jpg
4_rosses_bg.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gardiner1975.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Hello, My wife just bought me this machine for my birthday as a fixerup project for me. Unfortunately it has a scoring problem that I cant seem to find and no schematics to trace.

The One point and one hundred point wheels will not activate as soon as a one point target gets struck the one point relay gets stuck in a closed position and starts a good loud hum.

I've went through and cleaned all the target points. I've taken apart and cleaned the scoring wheel, cleaned the contacts, cleaned the seloniod shaft and plunger and when the wheels are set to anything higher then zero when you start the game they will auto reset to zero.

I've also tightened all the switches in the score motor and believe they're in proper alignment.

I was wondering if anyone famaliar with early 60s williams pinball machines has any ideas? And does anyone know where I could get a schematic for it.

Thank you

Scott

#3 13 years ago

It starts to hum after any of the one point targets, is struck.

#6 13 years ago

well guys, my luck turned for abit of the worse after checking the relays and manually moving the wheels, I plugged in the machine,opened the coin door hit the coin switch to start it up and it turned on for about a half a sec before shutting off So now I have a short to deal with , Im just not really sure where to start looking, the wires in the coin door maybe.

Autumnfade i appreate the picks I wish my back glass looked that good

Ty for your help so far

Scott

#10 13 years ago

Hello,

well boy this isnt going to be as easy as I though it was going to be when I first got it , .
I went through and chect the wires in the coin door and the connector for shorts, there good, used the oam meter to test the fuses there good, Im getting the right voltage off the transformer. I moved the credit wheel and it will pop on for as long as I hold the start button.

Anyway sorry for being a pain, and thanks again for the good advice

Scott

#12 13 years ago

I have been poking with the credit wheel for a bit, and if load th 47 credits it will normally drop to 11 the 3 then 0, unfortantly going to any other number it wont kick over at all, and some times it wont kick over when i move it to the 47. i went through the switching the contacts are cleanedthe eos levers seam to be striking the switch to open or close properly and manually fireing the selenoids seems like the springs have proper tension.

#14 13 years ago

Hello, here are some pics to the credit wheel my camera is no the greatest so i took shots of differnt areas, hopefully there good enough because Im lost lol

DSC03577.JPGDSC03577.JPG DSC03578.JPGDSC03578.JPG DSC03579.JPGDSC03579.JPG DSC03580.JPGDSC03580.JPG DSC03581.JPGDSC03581.JPG

#17 13 years ago

i sort of got it going after taking it apart and adusting the gear arms playing with the tension on the springs, now the machine is hanging on the tilt relay in the reset bank. all the relays go done the the tilt immeadatly pops up, i went through again to the other relays but no luck

ty again

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gardiner1975.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-4-roses-1962-scoring-problem?tu=gardiner1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.