straight flush ball index (resized).jpg
apinside-Straight-Flush-A2 (resized).jpg
Williams start up sequence0001 (resized).jpg
outhole3 (resized).jpg
outhole schem2 (resized).jpg
outhole schem1 (resized).jpg
aPost-Time-Work2 (resized).jpg
0Seven-up-Work1 (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Pauz21
other pinsiders like to use a "meter" to test for continuity. I say: There are many connections - maybe we measure "all the way around through the wires wound in the transformer" and get the result "continuity" --- but its not through THERE where we think the connection is / should be.
I show a type of testing with TWO Jumper-Wires - I call it "De Luxe Jumpering (my words)". I want to be part of the "logic in the pin" - a friend may help, he does manually activate switches - he simulates "play". AT THE TIME some stuff should happen: I FORCE it (happen) by temporary hold together the ends of my TWO Jumper-Wires. I start with looooong distance Jumper - if the pin shows the wanted reaction: In the next test I do the jumpering "a bit shorter". If still the wanted reaction : Shorter and shorter - I narrow down on the problem. Once I get "No reaction": I am at the place of the problem.
Toggle-off, unplug the 110 VAC power cord (safety reasons). Clip-on a Jumper-Wire at "Transformer-Lug-Yellow" - lead the Jumper-Wire around the many relays units - free - take the other end (through the open coin door) into the open --- hanging free, not touching a thing.
Clip-on another Jumper-Wire (example: at "violet 'P' ") and also take the other end into the open - not touching a thing.
Plug-in, toggle-on, start a game - Your friend does simulate "playing" --- when it is the time the pin should step down on Ball Count: YOU hold together the ends "A" and "B1".
Next test: Unplug 110VAC - change the Clip-on Point from "P" to "Q" --- then do "A - B2" (((we do not know how in reality in the pin the wiring truely is))). Then "A - B3" etc. Work Yourself through the stuff.
You may change the Clip-on Point from "Transformer-Lug-Yellow" to "W" , then to "V", "U" ...
(((Maybe You have to clean Score-Motor-Switch-3A - maybe You must put an permanent jumper in the pin connecting "R" to "Q or P" ?))) greetings Rolf

I should have followed your instructions to the end. See above Re cleaning score motor 3A. That wasn't the right one. It was actually the stack beside it but that fixed the issue.

I swear this is my last question.

Everything has worked good for the better part of a week now. One issue I see is the 10,000 point score doesn't reset well. The coil moves a bit but not enough to turn the wheel sometimes. So often times it clicks away for a while to reset that one wheel. I've cleaned the contacts on the 10,000 point relay and the reset relay. Not getting any better. Is there something on the score reel unit itself that could improve this. It works but I anticipate it quitting at some point given the fact it's struggling with reset now.

#52 7 years ago

Hi Pauz21
maybe You have a mechanical problem --- or an electrical problem --- or both ?
IF (if) the pin has stepping problems ONLY when stepping 80'000 to 90'000 / 90'000 to 00'000 (/ 00'000 to 10'000) - chances are: It is a mechanical*** problem.

When the fault happens on any stepping - BUT only when resetting: You probably have an electrical problem in the Reset-Relay-Switch.
The difference in "stepping in resetting" versus "stepping in play": "in play has the Self-Hold-Circuitry on the Points-Relay (10-points-relay etc.)" --- "stepping in resetting does NOT have an Self-Hold-Circuitry - the "timing" was (once) made when making the pin: When "resetting" the Score-Motor turning does turn all wheels - the IMPULSE-Wheel makes the Reset-Relay fire five times per Score-Motor-Turn (of 180 degrees). IF (if, if) the blades on the Reset-Relay are adjusted different --- 10-points- / 100-points- / 1000-points-Switches are adjusted "tight, EARLY closing": Time ENOUGH for the plunger on the Score-Drum(s) to travel the looooong way. Maybe (maybe) the "Switch on Reset-Relay to activate the 10'000-point-Score-Drum is adjusted "loose, LATE closing" - this also means "then opening EARLY" - so there is (sometimes) not enough time (switch is closed) for the plunger to travel the looooong way.

Unplug the 110VAC power cord - actuate the Reset-Relay manually and look at ALL switches / switchblades --- does the "Switch for 10'000-points-Score-Drum close LATE / opens EARLY ?

Mechanical*** problem (?): Look here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/415/Williams_1968_Cabaret_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf on page-15 (ori-13), on the bottom: See (?) how the plastic-arm must do WORK (MOVE Blades) when stepping from 8 to 9 / 9 to Zero.
Take out (of course wires stay soldered-on) a "good" Score-Drum and take out the problematic Score-Drum - manually actuate them - do You feel any difference ? Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-3-joker-or-straight-flush-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.