Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Need help figuring out why after Ball 5 (or ball 3 when set to 3 ball) drains the Game Over relay won’t trip and neither does the Last Ball relay trip and the playfield and flippers stay active.

It was ending games the right way before and the only thing I did to it in between was I dropped a small blob of touch up polyurethane on a score motor switch and when it dried it froze that switch so that the score motor constantly ran and an Advance stepper coil constantly fired and the game obviously wouldn’t reset. After I cleaned that up, the game reset properly and you could play a game but no Game Over. The ball tray switches are clean and all making contact when they should.

I’ve never owned a game earlier than 1970 so this 1962 Williams has a lot of things that are completely new to me. Any help would be great.

Danny

#2 3 years ago

Resolved it by closing the score motor switch that makes it rotate and when it reset in that position the game resets and ends with Game over like it should.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-3-coins-wont-go-into-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.