3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hjh632
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

When I first got this one running again the pop bumpers operated like they should albeit a little sluggish but just yesterday this is what happens during gameplay.

It’s mainly the 2 blue pops that act up but sometimes the red one goes nuts too. I did clean switches throughout the game but I checked the gaps and the bottom switches are opening like they should when the ring slams down. Is this a magnetic issue as I’ve read on older posts?

Thanks for any help.
Danny

#2 3 years ago

I adjusted a switch on the pop bumper relay for the 2 blue pops that was gapped too close and that stopped the blue pops from rapid firing but the issue continues randomly when 10 point targets are hit or even if you slam the playfield a little the 10 point relay goes nuts and rapid fires and the 10 points reel spins like a top.

Seems like a 10 point switch somewhere is gapped to close but I can’t find it. Any ideas? Thanks

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from hjh632:

Try blocking all the 10 point switches with paper, then removing them one at a time until the problem reappears.

Thanks, I’ll try that today but the odd thing is, it happens randomly. Sometimes hitting one of the green pop bumpers sets it off, sometimes that does nothing, same with the other pop bumpers and 10 point standup targets.

I guess if it’s a vibration issue that might work if a switch is gapped too close but one example of it happening was when I hit the 10 point King of Hearts target on the upper left and it set off the 10 point relay rapid firing and the gap on that switch is 1/8 of an inch.

A Pinsider friend suggested checking the EOS on the 10 point score reel to see if it was opening up enough when the coil fired and it looked like it was too closed but even after opening that switch up a bit, the problem remains.

I’ll do the paper between the switch contacts today and see. Thanks for the advice.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from hjh632:

Try blocking all the 10 point switches with paper, then removing them one at a time until the problem reappears.

Well you’re advice solved the issue. I noticed today that it was only vibration that was setting it off like when the pop bumper rings slam down and then I played 1 ball and it rolled over the Jack of Diamonds button at the top, setting it off again. Since that was very little vibration, I blocked that switch with paper and that was the culprit. Had it gapped too close.

Thanks a bunch for helping me solve this in short order. I’m getting close to having this machine that sat for 30 years working 100%.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-3-coins-crazy-pop-bumpers?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.