Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I picked up this pin a few months ago. Everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that whenever I try to start a one player game by pressing the start button once, it immediately starts a 3 player game. If I hit start one more time it will begin a 4 player game. I'm hoping that it's an easy fix but this is my first EM and I'm still learning the basics. So basically I can't seem to get the pin to reset the players to 1 before starting a game. It's stuck in 3 player mode with the option of adding a 4th player by hitting the start button a second time. I hope this makes sense?

#2 7 years ago

Coin unit is not snapping all the way home to starting position due to gunk on the contact disk.

#3 7 years ago

Ken...thanks. I will give that a try. I appreciate you taking the time.

2 months later
#4 7 years ago

So here I am with a Space Mission I am trying to get running 100%. Also my first EM and I was having a similar problem. Just scrolling through this forum and here it is! Thanks Pinside!

#5 7 years ago

For the record Ken was spot on with his diagnosis. I was able to get that machine up and running without any problems after that. Thanks KenLayton for your help here (and on other forums) as it's a tremendous asset to the community.

#6 7 years ago

Me too (mine was starting on 2 players but same issue). This was the problem. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1976-space-mission-always-starts-w-3-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.