• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TinyToo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi All,

Having successfully brought a Williams 1972 Super Star back to life, I fancied a new project pin and have just got hold of a Williams 1966 "8 Ball". When I got it, it did actually start up ready to play, though a lot of stuff wasn't working from that point. In order to move forward though, I've had to take a step back. One of the switch stacks on a the chunky reset relay (is that what it's called, rows of switch stacks operated by huge solenoid and raising arm) looked like spaghetti and there were a couple of other things obviously wrong.

Firstly how do you manage without a game manual!!!

So, now the score motor runs but somethings not right in the start up sequence as it keeps going and doesn't get to the point of ejecting ball into play. Can anybody help me here, what is the sequence of events from power on until ball release?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Update.

Hooray, I've got it going again! Typical though, the moment you ask a question here you find the solution yourself. It did turn out to be the mangled switch stack, that I had attempted to straighten out. I had a more careful look at it and obviously made a better job of sorting it out this time. Still an awful lot to do to get it playing properly and then the extensive cosmetic work to get it looking good too. Feel I'm making progress though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1966-8-ball-start-up-sequence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.