(Topic ID: 147356)

Williams 1963 Major League Restoration - Complete

By SteveinTexas

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

110V Schematic (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170504_203959 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170504_203934 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    Drive arm assembly. (resized).JPG
    Drive arm (resized).JPG
    plunger (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170504_063223 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170504_063149 (resized).jpg
    canon04052017 016 (resized).JPG
    canon04052017 017 (resized).JPG
    canon04052017 012 (resized).JPG
    canon04052017 010 (resized).JPG
    canon04052017 009 (resized).JPG
    Bat Unit (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170501_160913_edit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

Brilliant! Is this sponsored by Haynes in some way? Steve this is very well done thank you! I'm looking forward to your take on the pitch assembly if you manage to cover that, the step by step on the batting unit is invaluable! nothing like it out there.

Target assemblies look great! It looks like the clear coat on the decals didn't have a negative reaction (shrinkage, wrinkling) as I was afraid would be the case. You've restored my confidence to carry on with the apron restore as opposed to duplication which stalled ages ago.

5 months later
    #104 7 years ago

Hi Steve, Brilliant work, I managed to fix the pitch unit in mine thanks to your pics, the gear box is at PBR getting repaired right now. The apron is the final frontier for me still, little time these days. The label if you haven't received it already is in a pic below, they are both 3" square. And for the backbox lamps I picked 60w equiv led lamps I found at home depot (Cree HD part# 810048026012), candle type led's for the coin box made by philips (HD Part# 046677435110).

Backbox_label1_(resized).JPGBackbox_label1_(resized).JPG

Below is label to the right of the above label
    Backbox_label2_(resized).JPGBackbox_label2_(resized).JPG

Then the Cree led lamps, only 9w and run very cool and bright; described as Cree 9-Watt (60W) A19 Daylight (5000K) Dimmable LED Light Bulb
    Led_100w_(resized).JPGLed_100w_(resized).JPG

6 months later
    #108 7 years ago

Sounds like the out unit at the far back end of your machine (under playfield) might not be returning all the way. If it's never had the original grease removed it'll be gummed up.

Remove playfield and see when you pull the lever the "wheel" freely returns to rest pos on it's own, the springs make that happen but if it's dirty it won't return right. Needs to be taken apart and degreased. I used no grease or oil in re assembly myself except on the teeth.

1 week later
    #121 7 years ago

Nice work Kev! Glad that's sorted out, I hope it works out. Also some steppers in the back box that could benefit from the same Qtip treatment when you get around to it. I forget the names of those ones but there is one that resets also which affects credits and scores I believe. It's front and center. Have fun and working on it can be half the fun, I can send you a pdf of the schematic if you want. Pm me if your interested.

#122 7 years ago

Oh and all the Circlips need to come off because not only the toothed gear is gummed up but also the arms (ratchets). Everything affixed to a shaft is gummed up on those assemblies.

1 week later
    #134 7 years ago

Something to note with leaf switches, the start relay for example, be sure you don't adjust them too far, they need to be not only close but let them rub the full stroke. They need delay as they are not instant power on (up) considering the other relays each switch powers.

A good example of what I'm trying to say is the bat EOS switch, Steve you know this, if you only alow that switch to just touch you'll notice you get extra bats which isn't right. One pitch, one shot at batting. So the eos switch let it touch early, by the time the bat gets to it's end the switch has been touching long enough to trip multiple other relays to make the game know you tripped the bat. Once

Let the switches trip early as a rule.

#136 7 years ago

Very nice, also the start relay is a major component allowing power to a lot if the game. It's coil is energized the entire time. Check resistance across those switches as well as the health of that coil.

2 weeks later
    #142 7 years ago

Is that a bushing in the score reel? Mine works great but wondering if I should take a closer look. The game works great though right now.

1 month later
    #161 7 years ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Spencer (Nighthawk128),
    I have been making steady progress on the front moulding. It is now complete after clear. However, I need to let it cure and shrink back prior one last sanding on top and re-polishing the finish back. You have been patient so a little longer and it will becoming back.
    Rebuilding the corner and the bat lever slot with Bondo and Half Time.

Re-dowelled the original holes and cleaned this area as well as I could.

Primed and sprayed the correct orange color (your color was spot on too).

Finally cleared and re-cleared (kept touching it to see it was dry and wasn't).

One last sanding in a month and we can finish and get in the post.
    Steve J.

Wow Steve it looks great! I was on the fence about using carriage bolts but I think it's the right thing to do to prevent the mess I had from happening again. I assume 1/4" x 1.5" Long? Marco has a nice selection.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4320-01123-24

Or maybe #10 x 1.25"
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4310-01123-20

Looking forward to it!

Quoted from kevstang67:

My front molding on my machine is in good shape but someone painted over the orange with black. What color mix was used in your recent project?

Kev your handle looks like it sits to low, otherwise really good shape.

3 weeks later
    #173 7 years ago
    Quoted from kevstang67:

My front molding on my machine is in good shape but someone painted over the orange with black. What color mix was used in your recent project?

Sorry Kevin I missed that note, for the machine I used just Black, white, beige, but the orange I hate to admit, I had it custom made with Cloverdale Paints because I wanted it in a spray can. Their code was AC110 GILDED VISION. I think the front apron is more of a red from pictures I've seen but I'm not going to be fussy since I've been at this machine for 4 long years! this is the final piece of the puzzle what Steve is doing. Mine was had so much wrong with it, I cleaned and checked every single part, still needed tweaking, STILL needs a tweak but find by using the machine a lot of little issues work themselves out.

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/92302_Cloverdale-Paint-AC-110-Gilded-Vision

#180 7 years ago

Thanks Steve, no rush on this, take your time. I'll pm you and want to donate to your cause!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1963-major-league-restoration?tu=Nighthawk128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.