• Latest reply 3 years ago by Incomer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D5A15EB0-7D15-4F05-A42E-6651C1D4C700 (resized).jpeg
20210111_114356[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Incomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi
I have a 1962 Williams Trade Winds in good working order.

I'm in the UK and it is a USA (ie non-export) game so has a 110v transformer and a 60Hz motor instead of 230v and 50Hz
A previous owner has fitted a step down transformer to deal with the voltage issue, but the frequency difference means the motor runs too slowly here in the UK.

The motor has a label giving the part number as 14A-7746
Can anyone tell me what the equivalent number is for the 50Hz version please?

I'd like to buy one (or swap for mine) - any suggestions where I might find one? (I'd imagine if anyone brings European games from this era back to the US they would swap out the 50Hz motor for a 60Hz one)

Alternatively, does anyone know if any of the later motors (or a Gottlieb motor ) can be used in substitution?

For reference, the motor is which uses horizontal metal discs, like used by Gottlieb, (see photo) not one with vertical nylon discs as used in later Williams games

Many thanks for any help
David

20210111_114356[1] (resized).jpg20210111_114356[1] (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

Thank you Ken

#5 3 years ago

and thank you YeOldPinPlayer - sorry, I didn't spot earlier I had had messages from 2 different people

#6 3 years ago

Amazingly Marco had one of these for sale!
It's ordered and its on its way to me, so I'll have a 60Hz one available soon if anyone is looking for one

3 weeks later
#8 3 years ago

I just received the replacement motor from Marco and swapped it over - what a difference it makes to the game !

Thanks again for the advice
David

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Incomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1962-motor-number?tu=Incomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.