• Latest reply 2 years ago by cartert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Trade Winds Last Ball relay (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Just received this game which would start, but most of the feature were not working such as play field lights not changing with a feature and match lights were not showing. The Advance Unit and the main bank of relays attached to the bottom of the play field were froze with gunk. I tore them down, cleaned and adjusted. Everything is working the way it should now except for the game ends after the 1st ball drains. I can see that the "last ball and game over" activate once the ball in play drains had hit the 1st trough sw. I do have the game set for 5 balls. Game is not set to free play. Have only worked on a few EMs over the yrs and am a little rusy. Any suggestion on were to start?

#2 2 years ago

If your game uses this circuit from Trade Winds, a stuck 4th Ball Trough switch could fire the Last Ball relay the first time the 5th Ball Trough switch closes:
Trade Winds Last Ball relay (resized).jpgTrade Winds Last Ball relay (resized).jpg
Does it do the right thing for a 3 ball game? That would remove the 4th Ball Trough switch from the circuit.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

There are only 3 trough switches and seem to be functioning. the "last ball and game over" activate once the ball in play drains had hit the 1st trough sw

#4 2 years ago

Mark,
You were absolutely right about the trough sw. The fish paper was worn through a bit on the 2nd trough sw. Replace the fish paper and is 100% working. Thought I had checked them out real well, but once I pulled them a part I could see the wear spot. Thx a bunch!!

#5 2 years ago

Glad you got it sorted. Part of the confusion might be that the 1st switch the ball rolls over when it drains is actually the 5th Ball Trough switch, or the switch under the 5th ball at the end of the game. The 2nd trough switch you fixed is labeled as the 4th Ball Trough switch on the schematic.

#6 2 years ago

Agree, that and my schematics are not that readable after all these yrs. It's funny as the trough sw's were the 1st thing I checked....just not good enough it appears. Thx again

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1962-3-coins-ends-game-after-1st-ball-drains and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.