• Latest reply 2 years ago by gonzo73
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15902756706689115527503471629235 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

This is my first pinball machine. I just got it Sunday. Played it worked fine then the ball went into the ball troth. It would recognize that the ball was out however it wouldn't reset the pins in the cycle. If I remove the glass and touch the pins it kicks the ball.. I think that there may be a wire loose. I am not 100% sure. Also sometimes if I hit the flippers or bump the machine forward, it will reset the pins and kick the ball. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also my strikes never light up but I am sure that's a separate issue.

#2 3 years ago

Also if I open the machine and have the kick stand in it it cycles fine every time.

#3 3 years ago

Manually push in the 1-10 reset relay to see if all of the switches are opening and closing properly. Make sure the switches on the relay are clean and adjusted correctly...

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Manually push in the 1-10 reset relay...

Be careful around that when the power is on. The 1-10 reset coil is a 110V circuit (full line voltage).

#5 3 years ago

Can you explain a little bit more about what happens? Are you saying that it advances the ball count and kicks the ball to the shooter lane but does not reset the pins? Does it reset the pins and light up a strike if "hit" all the pins?

#6 3 years ago

There's actually two 1-10 devices on this machine. One is the 1-10 bank reset coil/solenoid (110 volts), and the other is the 1-10 reset relay (24 volt). To begin troubleshooting, take a look at the 1-10 reset relay (24 volt) that has a grey/red wire connected to the relay coil.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from PSchwisow:

Can you explain a little bit more about what happens? Are you saying that it advances the ball count and kicks the ball to the shooter lane but does not reset the pins? Does it reset the pins and light up a strike if "hit" all the pins?

Okay, if the ball is in play and it goes past the flippers the machine will give the bonus but it dosen't reset the 10 pins. Also dosent mark off the ball that you lost and dosen't kick the ball to the plunger to begin the next ball. Sometimes I can bump the machine and it will finish the process and start the next ball. Also if you are playing and get all 10 pins down it will relight them no problem but it doesn't light the strike light.

#8 3 years ago

Welcome to Pinside and the EM forum. There are many people here to help you. Triple Strike is a fantastic game once you get it running properly. For starters, you will need the manual and schematic, you can get them here:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2652/Wms_TripleStrike0001.pdf

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2652/Williams_1975_Triple_Strike_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

To additionally help you, it is highly recommended that you read up on EM repair and maintenance here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

Your Triple Strike is probably going to need a good cleaning of switches, the playfield and followed up with a good waxing. Search the forum for proper playfield waxing.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks Mikala for remembering the basics (which I neglected to mention and skipped straight to troubleshooting).

It sounds like the problem is likely happening during the bonus scoring cycle, which is preventing it from getting to the stage where it steps the ball count unit and launches the next ball. I gave a fairly detailed description of what happens in that process here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-help-please#post-4928838

Take a look at that and see if you can determine at what stage it *stops* doing what is expected. It also might be helpful to post a video so we can see/hear what is happening.

#10 3 years ago

Check for a flaky ball trough switch.

#11 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the help for now I am going to read the thing that Mikala posted give it a cleaning and see where that takes me.

#12 3 years ago

Okay so that link was really helpful. I got the bonus stepper switch cleaned and is now functioning. And was able to locate the problem with the ball not kicking out. It looks like the coil for the 1 to 10 pin reset is staying magnetic and not letting the next function happen. I am not sure what to do about this.

15902756706689115527503471629235 (resized).jpg15902756706689115527503471629235 (resized).jpg
#13 3 years ago

is it actually staying energized, or is it just sticking. if it's staying energized, there must be a stuck switch in the 1-10 pin mech.

#14 3 years ago

Very common problem on Triple Strike. Many of us here have had it. Read the final post in this thread for solution. Just regular tape will work or a piece of Mylar. I used Mylar.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-bonus-issue#post-2914833

#15 3 years ago

Thank you all for the help!

1 year later
#16 2 years ago

Love this game, got to play one at Golden State festival in Lodi.

Question.
Was there only a single player version manufactured?
Or a 2 or 4 player also, under another name?

Cheers.

#17 2 years ago

Single player only

#18 2 years ago

Thanks, sir.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 24.98
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/william-triple-strike-pinball- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.