20190415_110725_resized (resized).jpg
20190128_120518_resized (resized).jpg
Olympic with added Colors (resized).jpg
Orginal Olympic Colors (resized).jpg
20220403_162754 (resized).jpg
20220405_132741 (resized).jpg
806526b1ffc1fc1e65d5b5d80102dd7dd3675323 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I see that 56 Pinsider's have this game in their collection and I would assume I'm not the only person who'd like a new backglass.

I know the tradition screen printing method is expensive but would there be enough interest to get Shay to make a run? The cost with shipping is usually around the $350 range with shipping.

The only other option I can find now is Coos out of the Netherlands but it's on vinyl and does appear to have a masking layer to prevent light bleed. One option is the print on glass that costs 340 Euro wich is just over $300 with shipping. Or he will send the print only for 215 Euro or $195.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I see that 56 Pinsider's have this game in their collection and I would assume I'm not the only person who'd like a new backglass.
I know the tradition screen printing method is expensive but would there be enough interest to get Shay to make a run? The cost with shipping is usually around the $350 range with shipping.
The only other option I can find now is Coos out of the Netherlands but it's on vinyl and does appear to have a masking layer to prevent light bleed. One option is the print on glass that costs 340 Euro wich is just over $300 with shipping. Or he will send the print only for 215 Euro or $195.
Thanks!

57 now .... I haven't seen my glass to know if I need a new one yet or not but the screen printing I would be interested in! IF you're going the "vinyl" route then give BG Resto http://bgresto.com/?p=1856 a try! He has already done these so he has the artwork done already. Not sure what he would charge but you can email him and ask. Be cheaper shipping wise since he's in the States.

#3 2 years ago

BGresto has the artwork as he redid mine a few years ago. He’s in Bloomfield I believe so you might not even need to ship it!

#4 2 years ago

Did the Euro crash today?
Maybe need to double check your currency conversion.
As of close on Monday, 340E is closer to $371.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Thanks!

Coos has the masking layer.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Did the Euro crash today?
Maybe need to double check your currency conversion.
As of close on Monday, 340E is closer to $371.

Correct, my mistake!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Coos has the masking layer.

Good to know!

Sent an email to BGresto and will post what they charge.

I prefer the ink screened print as vinyl can have a slightly different look overall. I know I'm starting to split hairs a bit.....

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Good to know!
Sent an email to BGresto and will post what they charge.
I prefer the ink screened print as vinyl can have a slightly different look overall. I know I'm starting to split hairs a bit.....

$355 shipped.

Coos, $245 shipped plus a $20 piece of glass from local glass shop.

806526b1ffc1fc1e65d5b5d80102dd7dd3675323 (resized).jpg806526b1ffc1fc1e65d5b5d80102dd7dd3675323 (resized).jpg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

$355 shipped.
Coos, $245 shipped plus a $20 piece of glass from local glass shop. [quoted image]

Do you have a picture of the back side too?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Do you have a picture of the back side too?

Not much to see. Backside of the print and the text that shines through. Unlit portions are solid black.

20220405_132741 (resized).jpg20220405_132741 (resized).jpg
#11 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not much to see. Backside of the print and the text that shines through. Unlit portions are solid black.[quoted image]

No masking, is that typical for Coos?

I have a vinyl reproduction for an Aztec done about 8-9 years ago. One issue is that it takes 4SMD LED's to get a similar lighting level to a ink screened glass using 1 SMD LED's. And the Aztec has no mask so light bleed is more than evident.

Personally, if spending $300 on a reproduction, I'd much prefer a screened ink backglass to keep the original look.

Appreciate all the responses so far.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

No masking, is that typical for Coos?
I have a vinyl reproduction for an Aztec done about 8-9 years ago. One issue is that it takes 4SMD LED's to get a similar lighting level to a ink screened glass using 1 SMD LED's. And the Aztec has no mask so light bleed is more than evident.
Personally, if spending $300 on a reproduction, I'd much prefer a screened ink backglass to keep the original look.
Appreciate all the responses so far.

I'm very happy with how it looks lit and still tuning for optimum effect.

And I did not have to wait 3 to 6 months.

20220403_162754 (resized).jpg20220403_162754 (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago

Looks fine, not co plaining about the work from Coos.

From BGresto;

"A complete restoration for your Williams Olympic Hockey original artwork, authorized by PPS/Bally-Williams, on new tempered glass is $310 + $0 shipping cost for local pickup in West Bloomfield ( about 8 miles from your office - North of Maple and East of Drake )

Each restoration is made to order and usually ships within 5-6 weeks from receipt of order. Payment can be made via paypal to [email protected]. Please note the Game Title and your contact phone in the paypal comments when ordering.

Note: Since I have already restored this title, there is no need to send your original glass…

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Looks fine, not co plaining about the work from Coos.
From BGresto;
"A complete restoration for your Williams Olympic Hockey original artwork, authorized by PPS/Bally-Williams, on new tempered glass is $310 + $0 shipping cost for local pickup in West Bloomfield ( about 8 miles from your office - North of Maple and East of Drake )
Each restoration is made to order and usually ships within 5-6 weeks from receipt of order. Payment can be made via paypal to [email protected]. Please note the Game Title and your contact phone in the paypal comments when ordering.
Note: Since I have already restored this title, there is no need to send your original glass…

Yes and if you need it shipped like most of us do its $50-$60

I checked into buying Quicksilver from him a few weeks ago, the wait time doen't work for me. Search the board, he does great work but ship times are a crapshoot. You might get it in 3 months, you might get it in a year.

#15 2 years ago

Here's what I may ask either Coos or BGresto to do if possible. Just playing around in MS Paint to get an idea. Just such a bland BG from the factory, needs a bit more pop.

Original;
Orginal Olympic Colors (resized).jpgOrginal Olympic Colors (resized).jpg

Added Color;
Olympic with added Colors (resized).jpgOlympic with added Colors (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Here's what I may ask either Coos or BGresto to do if possible. Just playing around in MS Paint to get an idea. Just such a bland BG from the factory, needs a bit more pop.
Original;
[quoted image]
Added Color;
[quoted image]

Coos much more amenable to do custom designs, I beleive Steve farms out his photoshop work. Also a budy of mine has reproduced the rink in the backglass as well.

But here's the back of a Card Whiz glass, its a pretty good built in mask. Also Coos prints on a clear lexan so for areas that are lit, its much brighter.

20190128_120518_resized (resized).jpg20190128_120518_resized (resized).jpg20190415_110725_resized (resized).jpg20190415_110725_resized (resized).jpg
#17 2 years ago

Very nice, the mask keeps the original look. If Coos will do the change in the color of the art and a mask I’m sold!

Didn’t know about him so really do appreciate heads up.Thanks!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Very nice, the mask keeps the original look. If Coos will do the change in the color of the art and a mask I’m sold!

People dont look at the backside of backglass while playing. I'm so impressed with Coos product and how it looks I ordered 3 more.

1 month later
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Did this come to fruition?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.