Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pincoder
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My flash was working fine...however I watched a youtube video of Flash and heard background sound during the entire game. Mine wasn't doing that so I decided to take a look. I flipped the toggle switch on the sound board just messing around and while the playfield was still up I turned the game on and it booted. . The background sounds started very loudly and I hit one of the drop targets and now Im blowing fuse F2 as soon as the power switch is turned on. The flippers remain hot as well. I began looking for a short that would be causing the fuse to blow and found that one of the wires on the 5 target drop bank wasn't connected and was shorting to ground. I connected the wire but the game is still blowing the fuse and the flippers still working along with the background sound. The game will not boot now. Could something on my driver board have blown? The manual states that when the flippers work when the game is not booting to replace the driver board. Id rather fix it. Thanks for any tips.

#2 5 years ago

Likely the Driver Transistor (on the driver board) for that drop target solenoid. That can be fixed by replacing the transistor.

Game should still boot either way. Leave the F2 fuse out and Check that there is 5V and 12V going into the MPU board. Are all of the other fuses ok?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pincoder:

Likely the Driver Transistor (on the driver board) for that drop target solenoid. That can be fixed by replacing the transistor.
Game should still boot either way. Leave the F2 fuse out and Check that there is 5V and 12V going into the MPU board. Are all of the other fuses ok?

I will check the transistors. All other fuses are good. When I turn on the machine all the lights come on, flippers are active, will not start a game.

#4 5 years ago

After checking all the transistors and not finding any that were bad, I decided to visually double check all the coils. Finally I glanced at the center pop bumper. One of the ring arms had broken allowing the coil to short itself against the switches because the bakelite plate was out of position. I put a new ring in and all fixed.

Thanks for you help.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

After checking all the transistors and not finding any that were bad, I decided to visually double check all the coils. Finally I glanced at the center pop bumper. One of the ring arms had broken allowing the coil to short itself against the switches because the bakelite plate was out of position. I put a new ring in and all fixed.
Thanks for you help.

Glad you found the problem!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/william-s-flash-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.