By baldtwit

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

williams apron - 1954 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm making a repro apron and instruction card for a game at the pacfic pinball museum. Below is my best guess at what the instructions say from an ipdb picture.

Anyone have the game and confirm the instructions ... or something completely different that they think is original?
williams apron - 1954 (resized).pngwilliams apron - 1954 (resized).png

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Have you accessed Peter Koch website-Big Ben appears there http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

wrong big ben. Those cards are for the 1975 game.

I'll send the finished inkscape svg file and png's to Ink for the 1954 game when I'm done. The apron itself was used on a few machines, and there's similar aprons for other games of that era with the game-specific instructions stapled over the center area (e.g. wonderland, which I'm also doing).

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Make it a pdf with the exact size when printing.

pdf is ok. Recommend you also make available the source svg file and scans/pics so that:

- if people want to change background color to make aged paper look, it's easy without finding the right color card stock
- if they have a same era game, making the cards for another machine is a lot faster
- add/change replay values
- if someone just supplies a scan/pic, someone else can make the svg file

it'd be great to have a place for font downloads too.

inkscape svg files contain some things that are svg 2.0 and other stuff that is unique to inkscape. The files may not render well in browsers or other programs, but since inkscape is open source, free, and supported on many operating systems, it's a good tool for collaboration.

final suggestion is have a "wanted" place on the site. The pacific pinball museum has 1000+ games in their warehouse and I can occasionally look and see if original cards are on them. I prefer scanning the cards so the best reproductions are possible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/william-big-ben-1954-instruction-card?tu=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.