(Topic ID: 183602)

William’s Grand Prix - One, three and four Player, but not two?

By unrared

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Grand-Prix-Work-19 (resized).jpg
grand (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

Hi unrared
I am (Swiss) German speaking - what does "500 point scoring loop" means ?
The ball hits the target and You get five times hundred points - BUT it does not stop You get another "five times 100 points" and again and again - but always 5 times 100 points ?

You have marked in the picture "switch on the right" - question - when the ball hits on the left: Do You get the same fault ?

IF (if, if) the fault ONLY shows up "on the right": Most likely the playfield switch is no good. In the ipdb-schematics I see two switches mounted parallel - so the 500-Relay gets activated --- when ONLY ONE playfield switch causes the fault - I clue: Must be the playfield switch. Greetings Rolf

2 weeks later
#15 7 years ago

Hi unrared
I want for the moment ONLY look at the 500-Relay problem. Here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1072/Williams_1976_Grand_Prix_Manual.pdf on page-32 (ori-30) - the Switch-A on the 500-Relay. This is the (JPG, encircled orange) Self-Hold-Switch. Toggle-off the pin and inspect this switch - OPEN when the relay is not pulling ? A drop of solder fallen at the short stubs with wires soldered-on - a drop of solder - making faulty connection ? short stub bent making faulty contact ?

Maybe the switch --- I believe in: ONE or both of the Playfield-Switches is faulty --- look for wire-color-brown-black / yellow. IF (if) You have mounted new rubbers: You may have bent the switch so it it always closed. Not only at the 500-relay-switch --- also on the playfield switches: Look for drop of solder / bent stub.

question for "troubleshooting Bonus problem": Coil A-22-550 ? Left ? or right ? or both ? Immediately starting or starting when the Outhole-RELAY pulls-in ? Greetings Rolf

P.S.: The Bridge Rectifier and the stuff connected to it: We do not need for the problem "500-Relay".

0Grand-Prix-Work-19 (resized).jpg0Grand-Prix-Work-19 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/william%e2%80%99s-grand-prix-one-three-and-four-player-but-not-two?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.