1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bontango
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

As it looks like that my MPU replacement for Williams System3 .. 7 games 'WillFA7' is working now https://lisy.dev/willfa7.html
    I'm starting to gather information about Williams System11 games for my next project 'WillFA11'

The goal is to be able to replace Williams MPUs for SYS9,11a,b,c & Data East MPUs
    I had a look to different Manuals, pinwiki, forum threads, ... but I'm still unsure on a couple of things

1)
    connector 1J9 'Opto row', used for seperate row for opto switches?
    I saw this connector only populated on SYS9 & early SYS11 MPUs.
    Which games would need this connector and what are the difference to the 'normal' switch rows?

2)
    connector 1J21 'Widget IO'. Usually used for background soundboard?
    I saw that not all signals are used for the soundboard. Are there other boards in need of this connector
    and if yes, which signals I need to 'emulate'?

3)
    Data East differences: I found differences in the power connector and in numbering of the special solenoids
    and plan to spend a seperate power connector for Data East and solve the special solenoid numbering with software
    Are there any other differences I need to take care off?

thanks for your help

#3 1 year ago

Yes, thanks. I was aware of that.
    Just wondering if there is more

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willfa11-need-detailed-info-on-williams-sys911abc-amp-data-east-mpus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.