Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-263.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Agreed, but those optos are hard to find. I have an old TZ clock board I scavenge from.

Although that is usually the problem, it can also be related to the flipper boards for some min PF's, such as this and more commonly TS. I would first try swapping the flipper opto boards, if the issue remains unchanged, it's time to dig apart the left rear and examine that board, could just be cracked solder joints on the optos that need reflowing if the problem is intermittent. If the problem changes to the other side of the mini, it's a flaky opto on the flipper board.

#10 10 years ago

As I noted, you should have tried swapping the flipper opto boards first. It's likely not the issue, but it could be, and is an easy first test.

It sounds as though you are not experienced in fixing these (just by what you posted above). If so, I would recommend posting back on taking the mini PF off when you get that board, as this can be a little tricky, unless someone has a thread detailing this. It's not overly hard mind you, you can do it, but it is more complicated than most things, and that mini really has to be levelled out after for the left and right action to remain accurate.

#20 10 years ago

Those small board optos don't register in switch test mode.

Are you good with reflowing solder joints? Reflow the optos and try the board again. If it's intermittent, that means the opto works, but there is likely a cracked solder connection. If it doesn't work at all anymore, either the opto is bad, or the solder crack is allowing now connectivity. Again, reflow, see if that works, and if it's still intermittent after this, again, try swapping the flipper opto boards just to be sure.

#24 10 years ago

PM me your number, I'm in London, I can give you a call tonight or tomorrow and try to help you work through your issues if you want. Sounds like you have a couple things mixed up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 85.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willams-ij-mini-playfield-problem?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.