6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ballyzone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a16e1cd6ad7ba2707ba50cbb5d72184729178d6d (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I am restoring a 1973 'Lucky Ace' Williams game and cannot mix up the right pink used on the number grid on the playfield, it seems to be a Hi viz pink, same as used on other Williams EMs about 1973....OXO is another, has anyone done this and can tell me the combination of colours please?

a16e1cd6ad7ba2707ba50cbb5d72184729178d6d (resized).jpga16e1cd6ad7ba2707ba50cbb5d72184729178d6d (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

No idea but I also have this game. Not crazy about it's look but it is surprisingly fun. A friend came over and said it looks like it was meant to be under a black light. Maybe that's a clue to the color choice?

#3 6 years ago

Createx makes a fluorescent pink airbrush paint. It probably won't match out of the bottle but could be the basis for a mix.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for your ideas, your right it doesnt look a lot, but is unusual fun with 4 flippers on an old machine. I'll look up this createx....is it a paint additive I wonder, anyway hope it works as this is all thats holding me up finishing this project. Cheers Guys.

#5 6 years ago

https://createxcolors.com/airbrush-colors/fluorescent-opaque-colors/5407.html

They do warn that they are not colourfast though, not sure what the real impact is of that.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

https://createxcolors.com/airbrush-colors/fluorescent-opaque-colors/5407.html
    They do warn that they are not colourfast thought, not sure what the real impact is of that.

You'd have to heat set it and then clearcoat over it.

1 week later
    #7 6 years ago

I found that paint on the net....cheers...Createx 'Hot pink' is just right, just add a little white to lighten and its a match, thanks for the tips, I'll try some out and do a light clear coat to see what happens first, I use spray cans of Keen top crystal clear nitroacrylic, 4 cans per playfield and very hard wearing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willams-em-lucky-ace-pink-colour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.