Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RonB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Tri Zone that worked flawlessly until yesterday. When I power on, the machine comes up with 1487 1 in score readout 1 and like 04 and 01 in the replay/ball count readout. The two LEDs on the CPU board flash once and go out. I can step thru the audit numbers but the Player 1's readout give crazy numbers and like changing the replay score or other audits do not count up or down properly buy some like alternate between 89 98 88 on the left two digits. I have removed the CPU and checked the batteries and battery holder connections. No probles. Anyone have any suggestions what to do or look for?
Thanks,
Mark

#2 7 years ago

The 5101 RAM at ic13 likely died.

Things to try....

Memory test....
Since the MPU is at least running somewhat. You can preform the built in memory test. Open the coin door. Push the diagnostic button on the MPU. What does the MPU LEDs do?

Factory settings...
Open the coin door. Command memory MPU dip switch #7 on. Press the mpu's diag button and then the mpu command memory button. Next boot up should be factory settings. If the audits are still scrambled, is IC13 is probably bad.

quick power flip trick...
Open the coin door. Flick the power switch rapidly a few times. If it never makes it to attract mode, IC13 is probably bad.

#3 7 years ago

barakandl knows his stuff! I sent him some boards to work on a few months back from two machines I had just sitting dead (including a Tri Zone), and he got them fixed and sent back quickly and I've been enjoying them since!

Been meaning to say thanks for the good work, so here it is finally....Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willaims-tri-zone-start-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.