(Topic ID: 16130)

Will you subscribe to (EDIT: BUY) Pinball Magazine?

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mccoy2797
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you subscribe?”

• Yes 65 votes
      66%
    • No 15 votes
      15%
    • Maybe 19 votes
      19%

(99 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_preview_cover_small.png
    pinhead.jpg
    drinking08.gif
    joker.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #3 11 years ago

Well...so much for doing Pinside Magazine....

#4 11 years ago

Actually you should probably change SUBSCRIBE to BUY as there will be no subscriptions...just sayin'

#5 11 years ago

I just signed up for the newsletter. Can't wait to see the first product. Hopefully it is available digitally as well as physically. I'll buy the first one for sure. Hard to determine how many a year they are planning to do.

#6 11 years ago

No. I get all the latest info from Pinside and RGP, and have no interest in 'vogue style' shots of pinball machines in print.

#7 11 years ago

They aren't doing a subscription thing.. they're just making issues available as they're produced.

#8 11 years ago

Ill check out the newsletter.

#9 11 years ago

I will certainly try the first edition to see what it's all about but will also keep my subscription to
    the Pingame journal. There's just so few of them coming out.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Actually you should probably change SUBSCRIBE to BUY as there will be no subscriptions...just sayin'

Quoted from PinballHelp:

They aren't doing a subscription thing.. they're just making issues available as they're produced.

Oops, read too fast apparently. Edited.

#11 11 years ago

I'm interested for sure

#12 11 years ago

If it includes monthly pics of the pin girl models from ebay I am in.

#13 11 years ago

i'd buy it! something new will be welcome!

still waiting for pingame to show up... if he feels like making a new issue one day, paid for one year almost a year ago, i think i recieved 3 since then.

#14 11 years ago

Signed up for newsletter and will subscribe.

#15 11 years ago

I miss Gameroom Magazine, so yeah I will give it a try.

#16 11 years ago

Definitely would try it out.

#17 11 years ago

Yes, I'm in.

#18 11 years ago

ya! I paid for that other pinball magazine and haven't got one yet

#19 11 years ago

I'm willing to pay...as long as this joker's mug isn't on the cover of every issue. j/k
    sounds like a cool idea.

joker.jpgjoker.jpg

#20 11 years ago

I'm in....

#21 11 years ago

I'm in, thanks for the heads up

#22 11 years ago

I'm holding out until seeing some samples. I hope it takes off and is as detailed as described.

#23 11 years ago

"If it includes monthly pics of the pin girl models from ebay I am in."

Hahaha. +1

#24 11 years ago

sure, anything pinball related is must buy in my book.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

sure, anything pinball related is must buy in my book.

A man with a similar heart! He could send out spiral notebooks and I would still be in.

#26 11 years ago

I already subscribe to PGJ,but it stinks.Last year 2 issues total with no coverage of recent events or game releases.This year only the calender which came out a month late.Won't take too much of an effort to trump PGJ.I'd like to see what this guy can do.If its entertaining I'm in.Be great if it had an online component.Scott

#27 11 years ago

I am so in. Anything to support this crazy obsession of a hobby.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I already subscribe to PGJ,but it stinks.Last year 2 issues total with no coverage of recent events or game releases.

REALLY I was planning on getting this, but not if it runs like that. That stinks to hear.

#29 11 years ago

Does anyone here have that issue of Gameroom with Elvira on the cover? I'd like to read the article. Thanks!

#30 11 years ago

I'm excited to have another pinball publication option and appreciate that he is making it available on an individual basis

However, IMO, not offering a subscription at all is unfortunate. One of the things I enjoy about subscription magazines is that they just show up - no action required on my part, no decision to make, everything prepaid. I'd much prefer to make one buying decision up front, then enjoy subsequent issues without having to decide on each.

As it stands, I might be buying, but won't know until content is released. I'll evaluate each one to see if it appears interesting.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

However, IMO, not offering a subscription at all is unfortunate. One of the things I enjoy about subscription magazines is that they just show up - no action required on my part, no decision to make, everything prepaid. I'd much prefer to make one buying decision up front, then enjoy subsequent issues without having to decide on each.

+1

It's nice to have it just show up.

#32 11 years ago

Agreed, I'd prefer to have a subscription than make every order separatly. Does anyone know when the first magazine will be released? Thanks.

#33 11 years ago

Why not subscribe to the PinballNinja online magazine?It's updated several times a week and often with video footage.PinballNinja is an online "Webzine"

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Why not subscribe to the PinballNinja online magazine?It's updated several times a week and often with video footage.PinballNinja is an online "Webzine"

Because it's a different focus, won't have the likely depth of these issues, and it's a webzine, which is NOT the same as a quality printed publication that some people actually prefer.

1 week later
    #35 11 years ago

Nice topic Would anyone (above) mind if some of the posts above would end up in the magazine?

There is a reason for the 'no subscription policy': As the magazine will largely focus on a single person or topic, many people may appreciate an issue about e.g. Steve Ritchie. If you would subscribe because of that, you might be disappointed if the next issue shows up and is about e.g. the guy who used to deliver pizzas at Data East in the early 90s. Obviously these are both just examples, but as each issue will be some sort of special, you simply may not be interested in every issue. That's why subscriptions are not offered (for the moment anyway, if there is enough people wanting to subscribe that option may become available).

The first issue is scheduled for July, but could see a little delay. There are several different things causing that delay, which most have nothing to do with making the magazine, but with all kinds of stuff that also has to be taken care off (distribution, contracts with online banking PSP's, programming the desired newsletter design and other rather unexciting but still timeconsuming stuff).

And no worries, I won't be on the cover of each issue

Quoted from spfxted:

Does anyone here have that issue of Gameroom with Elvira on the cover? I'd like to read the article. Thanks!

That's the October 2001 Issue Vol 13 no 10. I have a copy You might still be able to order it as a back issue. John from www.Millamusement.com is taking care of that. There are also PDF files of the entire GRM archive available (or used to be).

#36 11 years ago

Whoo! Hey Jon. Looking forward to the first issue. I would subscribe no matter what. If it's pinball related I don't care if it's about Ritchie or the Data East pizza guy.

#37 11 years ago

Hi Jon. Thanks. Yeah, I contacted John a while ago. He said he couldn't find one. If you can direct me to a PDF file, or can make a copy for me, I'd appreciate it.
    Besides film, I published a magazine for almost 40 years. If I can be any help, just let me know.
    Good luck with the venture!....I'm IN!

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I've got the pdf for you. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you Saturday.
    I'm abroad for work at the moment and only brought my iPad.

#39 11 years ago

Yay!! Thanks Apester!!

drinking08.gifdrinking08.gif

#40 11 years ago

I would definately, Im about to give up on the Pingame Journal, I bought a subscription in January and have yet to receive a single issue. An absolute joke! A new magazine would be welcome!

#41 11 years ago

Super excited about it. I'm on board.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Whoo! Hey Jon. Looking forward to the first issue. I would subscribe no matter what. If it's pinball related I don't care if it's about Ritchie or the Data East pizza guy.

Same here. I could care less if every issue was about neighborhood kids down the street and
    local arcades. Pinball is Pinball. You create a great quality product and people WILL buy it.

There are no pinball magazines in my local Barnes & Noble. None anywhere.

In my opinion you have 100% of the marketshare if your magazine is available IN places
    like Books A Million and Barnes & Noble.

Good Luck with your magazine, I WANT to see it succeed and I DO see it in my Barnes & Noble
    right down the street from me.

#43 11 years ago

Very cool. I'll subscribe. You can never have enough pinball stuff to read about.

#44 11 years ago

Definitely interested.

#45 11 years ago

I'm in! With a print magazine, you can get a much deeper dive into a single subject. Looking forward to the first issue.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

spfxted said:Does anyone here have that issue of Gameroom with Elvira on the cover? I'd like to read the article. Thanks!
    I've got the pdf for you. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you Saturday.
    I'm abroad for work at the moment and only brought my iPad.

Got it! THANKS MUCH!!

#47 11 years ago

count me in as well!

p

#48 11 years ago

If it has repair/restore articles that are useful. We can (and do) get the latest news/release info online faster than any magazine could write/edit/print.

#49 11 years ago

Wow, is that a real pinball?

pinhead.jpgpinhead.jpg

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Would anyone (above) mind if some of the posts above would end up in the magazine?

Feel free to use my previous post in the magazine Jon.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-you-subscribe-to-pinball-magazine?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.