(Topic ID: 298190)

Will you ever consider buying a NIB JJP pin?

By megalo17

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JohnJ1366
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you consider buying a JJP pin in the future?”

• Yes. Playfield damage is overrated IMO. 33 votes
    11%
  • Yes. Eric’s and Pat’s designs are too good to pass up. 31 votes
    11%
  • No. Jack insinuating that pf damage is caused by the customer was the last straw. 114 votes
    39%
  • Maybe. Depends on if they fix the QC issues. 111 votes
    38%

(289 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

timgunn-tim.gif
1C2C8B70-D30C-4666-909B-8C365D766AC3.gif
Yoda Popcorn (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megalo17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

As a buyer of two JJP NIB pins, both with substantial clearcoat issues, and only receiving washer and post kits, I know what my answer is. Wondering how others really feel. The shock and anger has worn off, replaced with ‘shame on me’ for buying again. Actually, I don’t regret my GnR and jjpirates purchases, because it’s Eric. However, I make purchase decisions based on principles. JJP’s utter silence on the clearcoat issues has been deafening, and now Jack tries to insinuate that owners are partially to blame? Is this real life?! I’m done.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Whenever a consumer begins unauthorized repair, the consumer gambles their warranties and removes liability from a company.
With all that said, it’s not necessarily a consumers fault a problem may exist, it would be a consumers fault/problem if conditions worsen after an attempted unauthorized repair.

What would be considered an “authorized repair?” Because nothing to my knowledge, besides an inadequate post and washer kit, has been offered up by JJP! Excuse me if the metal washers that were originally installed were quickly removed after paint and clear was bursting out the sides after 140 plays. Contrary to how all the JJP defenders want to frame the situation, we’re not all collectors who want to admire our flawless pins. We want to put some serious games on them, and see just how far we can progress!

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

With that said, jumping in with the mob bad mouthing and making false statements doesn’t help the situation. It doesn’t make JJP want to make more public statements. The best course of action is to be patient, be respectful, don’t label people you don’t agree with…

Not sure who you’re referring to about “bad mouthing.” If you’re saying that by calling people “JJP defenders” then I’m bad-mouthing them, I’m guilty as charged. It quite literally meant “people who defend JJP.” I have stuck to the facts from the get go. Respect isn’t given, it’s earned, and at this point, after Jack’s statement, it’s fading fast.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

It is a general statement, not directed to any one individual. It’s not encoded or has any underlying meaning, its directed to several individuals.
Your statement that “JJP defenders” is you bad mouthing (people/experience you don’t know) is exactly the meaning of my post, emotional response instead of factual.
You are correct, respect is earned, I stated my purchases and experiences, hence the respect. That is factual. What’s your purchases and direct experience with JJP, do you have any? More than GNR? Why slander or negatively group pinsiders for their experiences? The GNR issue is an open and ongoing issue, the final outcome hasn’t come to light.

Didn’t realize this is a “how many pins have you bought” sausage contest… As stated in the first sentence of this thread, I’ve owned two NIB JJP’s. If the final outcome of the Pirates clearcoat saga is any indication, then I’m outta luck again, hence the lack of respect. Bad mouthing? Laughable…

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

There is no contest, just creditability to experience. Stop with the emotions and go with the facts. I truly think you’d be happier but I don’t know you so who am I to say. Some people just aren’t satisfied within reason and make mountains out of mole hills.

By your own admission, you are bad mouthing.

Hey Bud, sorry if my experience isn’t credible in your eyes. Really ruins my day… Maybe you should stop projecting and actually read the posts before gracing us with your poetic prose… This thread was created simply to see the numbers, and they speak, not that anyone that matters is listening.

Quoted from Frax:

You've been on Pinside for 6 years.....
Bro. It's ALWAYS a sausage contest here.

Bahaha! I also still haven’t learned to stop feeding the troll…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megalo17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-you-ever-consider-buying-a-nib-jjp-pin?tu=megalo17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.