(Topic ID: 298190)

Will you ever consider buying a NIB JJP pin?

By megalo17

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JohnJ1366
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you consider buying a JJP pin in the future?”

• Yes. Playfield damage is overrated IMO. 33 votes
    11%
  • Yes. Eric’s and Pat’s designs are too good to pass up. 31 votes
    11%
  • No. Jack insinuating that pf damage is caused by the customer was the last straw. 114 votes
    39%
  • Maybe. Depends on if they fix the QC issues. 111 votes
    38%

(289 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

timgunn-tim.gif
1C2C8B70-D30C-4666-909B-8C365D766AC3.gif
Yoda Popcorn (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 2 years ago

Playfield situation is ugly… no way I would buy until I see proof they have it fixed. If my playfield chipped it would drive me crazy… and a playfield swap is expensive and while it would be fun to do myself, no way I have that time. Honestly other serviceable things breaking not as big of a deal, but the playfield, got to get that right JJP.

Question is what does that proof look like ? New vendor would be nice, how about release statistics of the warranty claims. The only place I get my quality info is what is available to me as a consumer. Let’s see, 1) pinside threads and pictures showing chipping playfields, 2) a warranty that frankly is pretty poor at protecting the customer. 3) fact that company has struggled with playfields previously 4) JJP offers solution that I buy a playfield for $500 and magically get it installed.

Hard part is it is really hard to know if this is just a few vocal folks, if so, JJP should just replace with a populated playfield and move us all on… or if it is a Xbox 360 red ring of death situation. So given above, I come to the conclusion that there is a good chance that I would buy a pin with a flawed playfield and have to live with it…. Not something I am interested in.

And I get that things happen, but when they do and you are the company that had the thing happen, you need to fix it. And I get that it is not easy… these companies do not have the financial resources of a Microsoft..not pr the manpower

So yeah I’m out…. I’ve been on the border of buying a NIB pin for awhile…. This stuff clearly keeps me in the keep waiting camp.

For JJP…. Changes they should make:

Make sure their warranty front and center, be explicit… if chipping is potentially part of the normal on their playfields call it out and own it. When someone buys a JJP game they should know what to expect…

A better warranty would be awesome…,but your call.
Improve the quality so the warranty does not cost you a fortune. I’ve seen how much that can add up to and it is not cheap.

Get a new vendor for playfields. Current vendor is killing you.

Keep designing killer games…. I love everything you guys have been doing on the design front.

Create a spare parts kit for your games that you sell with a new game…. With things that commonly break over time… plastics, wear items, etc, get a parts business running that makes money.

Agree with above that jack probably should not have accused folks of damaging their playfields.. even if he thinks it’s true… not the right call unless he has something specific he could call out that could help folks prevent damage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-you-ever-consider-buying-a-nib-jjp-pin?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.