(Topic ID: 244809)

Will you buy a Munsters if the code is improved?

By beefzap

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mannymasy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a Munsters if the code is improved? ”

• Definitely 22 votes
    21%
  • Maybe 23 votes
    22%
  • Never 58 votes
    56%

(103 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Are you waiting like I am to see if the code is finally improved?

I just bought BM66 and it is too much fun. Makes me laugh while it kicks my ass

Love the Munsters theme, but too much evidence that the code needs more.

#2 4 years ago

Never, the game looks great, but the theme makes we want to throw up.

#3 4 years ago

Love the theme, having a really hard time with the ever-cheapening Stern manufacturing.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Are you waiting like I am to see if the code is finally improved?
I just bought BM66 and it is too much fun. Makes me laugh while it kicks my ass
Love the Munsters theme, but too much evidence that the code needs more.

This has been discussed ad naseum. Code isn’t going to wildly change. Expect minor bug fixes and polish. That’s it. It ain’t getting deeper so you’re just hoping on something that won’t happen, and probably instilling false hope in 5 more pinsiders who will think code will get an overhaul and start threads about it.

#5 4 years ago

Yes i would I love the Munsters theme and I think the gameplay is decent if they would fix the code I would buy one.

#6 4 years ago

Dumped mine like a hot potato and will never look back. Really enjoying black knight sword of fury though!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This has been discussed ad naseum. Code isn’t going to wildly change. Expect minor bug fixes and polish. That’s it. It ain’t getting deeper so you’re just hoping on something that won’t happen, and probably instilling false hope in 5 more pinsiders who will think code will get an overhaul and start threads about it.

Because it wasn’t a Lyman game. (Or JJP). I keep hoping Stern’s development platform will leak. Community-driven updates would be awesome.

I’m also a bit disappointed that people haven’t Given AP more thought. The code on Oktoberfest is REALLY good; lots of unique ideas and modes. Even Houdini is very solid

#8 4 years ago

I'll pick up a Premium b/w edition when someone gets bored with it. Present code acceptable. Don't need Lord of the Rings depth.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m also a bit disappointed that people haven’t Given AP more thought. The code on Oktoberfest is REALLY good

As soon as they do a good theme or I should say one I enjoy I'm in, but they ain't gonna get there with magicians and polka. Like JJP do something cool for christ sake. Id like to see AP Predator and JJP Blade Runner.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As soon as they do a good theme or I should say one I enjoy I'm in, but they ain't gonna get there with magicians and polka. Like JJP do something cool for christ sake. Id like to see AP Predator and JJP Blade Runner.

JJP and AP are targeted towards family-friendly themes; I don't see it happening. Toy Story is next, right? I think AP is looking at Sherlock Holmes. I'm in on that one, that's right up my alley. I'm down with Stern doing more rock n' roll themes - Maiden was a smash, but man they need something more recent.

#11 4 years ago

I'd be in on a Predator done right by any legit company...

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd be in on a Predator done right by any legit company...

Well I can't argue with that, Alien as well. Oh and Total recall, Running man, Blade runner, Mad Max its just I wanna see something fast and cool from AP or JJP even spooky.

#13 4 years ago

Love my MunstersLE btw...Crazy fun, play it all the time ( still), and could care less if others don't like it.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I can't argue with that, Alien as well. Oh and Total recall, Running man, Blade runner, Mad Max its just I wanna see something fast and cool from AP or JJP even spooky.

Way with you on this one...Hoping AP eventually brings it...

3 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

Deadpool pro vs. Munster pro ????

#16 4 years ago

I think it’d never happen but only if the code changed to be as good as twd.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

DP All Day. AND night.

#18 4 years ago

i had one. sold it cuz the code is nothing i care for. if stern was to remake the code to a completely new game i would probably buy again. but the code would actually incorporate assets from the theme and be reasonably deep like GoT or DP. there has to be more to it than cashing in jackpots. no rinse and repeat code either.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

That would be one of the most lopsided polls in history the way DP hangs vs met.

#20 4 years ago

munsters was all hype. stern put out a dud.
its monstrous.

#21 4 years ago

The reason I'm out is because I have Met and the Munsters layout like Guardians are too similar to Met.
I just don't have the room and not looking to sell to make room at this point.

I have no opinion on the code because I only played it twice each at a different location.

#22 4 years ago

Okkkkkkk!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-you-buy-a-munsters-if-the-code-is-improved?hl=pinwalk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.