(Topic ID: 313824)

Will you back the Kickstarter of the upcoming Dragon's Lair pin?

By Haymaker

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by seenev
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you back the Kickstarter of the upcoming Dragon's Lair pin?”

• Yeah! YOLO 2 votes
      2%
    • No. Kickstarter is never a good sign 130 votes
      98%

(132 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    bFXxpv5V_400x400 (resized).png
    DL4 (resized).jpg
    DL1 (resized).jpg
    Dl2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #56 Status of license for Dragon's Lair pin: Not yet obtained Posted by TreyBo69 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My experience with Dragon’s Lair was playing it 10 times and I could rarely time my move correctly and was resolved to watch others.

Yeah, Dragon's Lair was a horrible "game". It basically existed to deceive gamers into putting in 50 cents cuz it looked so cool. Kids didn't know what a laserdisc was - they just saw real feature animation in an arcade game and HAD to play it. We soon realized you couldn't actually play it, and went back to Rampage, Joust, and Donkey Kong.

I thought it was so funny & out of touch when Don Bluth said something like "Players can finally control Dirk the Daring in real time" when Dragon's Lair 3D for Xbox came out...I was like - bro, we've been controlling video game characters in real time since BEFORE Dragon's Lair...you haven't given us some amazing new gaming gift we haven't had for decades already.

1 week later
    #97 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I used to collect and restore arcade games many years ago. People would come over with their kids, and kids NEVER understood Dragon's Lair. They didn't have that disconnect we did as kids between the visual presentation and the technological capability. To them it was just broken and they'd move on to games that "worked."
    It was weird to see. Never saw a single kid take to Dragon's Lair or Cliff Hanger.

When I was a kid, it was the same exact thing. You could control Pac-Man. You could control Mario. Dirk just takes your 50 cents, looks pretty, and dies.

I did arcade games before pinball…never wanted a laser game. If I wanna watch Dragons Lair or Space Ace animation, the DVD or Blu-Rays are fine.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Its easy to look at anything this way though but remember... Back then it was awesome and ground breaking to control a cartoon character in a video game.

I was a kid when it came out, so I remember exactly how it was perceived from a 6 or 7 year old’s point of view. It looked & sounded amazing…and then we realized you COULDN’T control the cartoon character. We all thought it was broken & never touched it again. We’d watch the teenagers or adults play it & just enjoyed the animation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-you-back-the-kickstarter-of-the-upcoming-dragon-s-lair-pin?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.