(Topic ID: 172351)

Will Data East WWFRR code get upgraded next?

By dannunz

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I for one love the game and think a few tweets would make the game that much greater.

Make the timer for the add a ball feature to be adjustable during my I ball

Add rules for the upper play field during multi ball. Why does the light over the drop targets flash during MB? Maybe add a jackpot for loops or drops in the mi I PF. Maybe you have to shoot the ball up via the right up kicker.

Any other sound clips that were not used?

#2 7 years ago

Do you mean the 90's wwf royal rumble Or the new wrestlemania by stern ?

#4 7 years ago

I wonder if they even have the code for all the old games. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep track of code.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder if they even have the code for all the old games. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep track of code.

They can alter the code like they did with TFTC and Jp

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I agree that WWFRR needs a code update. If I was involved, I would say it should be done fourth in line after JP, TFTC and Tommy.

...and, I am positive the guy that worked with Chad on those code updates has a WWFRR handy, so I would guess it is just a matter of time...

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I agree that WWFRR needs a code update. If I was involved, I would say it should be done fourth in line after JP, TFTC and Tommy.
...and, I am positive the guy that worked with Chad on those code updates has a WWFRR handy, so I would guess it is just a matter of time...

Nice! Any other sugestions on what should be tweaked?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I think they are doing very low level alterations. By this I mean they are changing different values on the rom, so they would be unable to do more drastic changes like alter modes or add modes or affects.

#9 7 years ago

hook is still being worked on now and is almost finished

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jasong78:

hook is still being worked on now and is almost finished

Yeah, the guy that did JP, TFTC and Tommy with Chad didn't have a Hook....

Quoted from dannunz:

Nice! Any other sugestions on what should be tweaked?

I didn't mean to cover this up or misdirect, but I realize since I have been on here so rarely lately, I sort of did... I was the guy who did the code changes with Chad for JP, TFTC and Tommy. My WWFRR is currently with a buddy but can be re-delivered to me at basically any time once I get the basement more set up - I moved relatively recently, so... yeah...

Having said that, Chad is the one that codes and I don't speak for him, so while I do have a laundry list of things to change on WWFRR, when any of it happens ultimately comes down to when Chad is free and if he still wants to do WWFRR. I don't want to make any promises for him.

Quoted from lordloss:

I think they are doing very low level alterations. By this I mean they are changing different values on the rom, so they would be unable to do more drastic changes like alter modes or add modes or affects.

That's not exactly true. When we did TFTC there were a number of modes that we did alter, and in all three games we found unused quotes and added them where appropriate. JP had the least of it, TFTC had the most, and Tommy sort of fell in between. I know for instance that on TFTC, we totally changed the rules of the ramps from what it was to something that became a risk / reward when you went to hit it. To me, it changes TFTC from a game where the ramps go from basically doing nothing to the ramps being a viable strategy for a high score.

That isn't to say that things on WWFRR would necessarily get fixed, but we have (well, Chad has with my input sometimes) changed how lights flash and what is lit when too.

4 years later
#11 3 years ago

I found this old thread. Anyone know if an updated code for WWFRR is in the works?

1 week later
#12 3 years ago

Would be great if they did. But if not, I’d say Lyman Sheets did a good enough job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-wwfrr-code-get-upgraded-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.