• Guaranteed! 66 votes
    59%
  • WTF! Way too soon! 24 votes
    21%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

98166394-6881-448B-AC9E-1B1856A33A5E (resized).jpeg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Title says it all

#2 4 years ago

NO

#3 4 years ago

Maybe? Check back in one year after more people have time on both pins.

#4 4 years ago

Hope for companies sake it is.

#5 4 years ago

I’m going to call it now and say yes.

#6 4 years ago

Yes

#7 4 years ago

Yes. And with the SE price reduction some geos, like here in Ontario, will see a savings of just over $1,500 CAD when you factor in current conversion + taxes.

#8 4 years ago

It may be more popular as theres a cheaper model. Does that mean it will be better? No. Personally I much prefer a rocking pirate ship with 2 loops, variable speed, and canon shot over a spinning Gobstopper that does not interact with the ball and a rotating gobble hole.

Also, where are the movie assets and memorable songs from the film in Wonka? There's some in there and while you see the video of the actors you don't hear their voices. I don't get it.

#9 4 years ago

Wow, I wasn’t aware the SE was 1K less!

#10 4 years ago

By the looks of it, I'd say no. Wonka looks OK but pirates is incredible.

#11 4 years ago

Yes. I played POTCJJ and it was confusing with all the characters and the ball times were too long. Wonka would have an easy time beating it.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It may be more popular as theres a cheaper model. Does that mean it will be better? No. Personally I much prefer a rocking pirate ship with 2 loops, variable speed, and canon shot over a spinning Gobstopper that does not interact with the ball and a rotating gobble hole.
Also, where are the movie assets and memorable songs from the film in Wonka? There's some in there and while you see the video of the actors you don't hear their voices. I don't get it.

Code was only 60%...

#13 4 years ago

Oh boy another wonka thread.

#14 4 years ago

Definitely.

#15 4 years ago

Play them both and find out for yourself.

#16 4 years ago

No

#17 4 years ago

Wonka presales have went well past potc production and preorders.... i hope jjp can get them out fast enough....but i think it will be very popular. The game shoots awesome and has a ton of shots. It is beautiful and has a lot going for it and its very early on. Potc is fun and a fine pin but it didn't do well and won't take much for Wonka to be more popular.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow, I wasn’t aware the SE was 1K less!

Actually it’s $2000 less based on the Wonka standard/Limited price level between models. Definitely a step in the right direction good for operators and homebuyers wanting to get in on this game.

Based on the previous game releases it’s $1000 less on the standard model As previous standard models were $8500.

98166394-6881-448B-AC9E-1B1856A33A5E (resized).jpeg98166394-6881-448B-AC9E-1B1856A33A5E (resized).jpeg
#19 4 years ago

Wonka is woz 2.0 so no.

Let’s just ff to toy story and gnr already.

#20 4 years ago

The new price structure on these kind of bums me out.
I own both a Hobbit and WOZ and like them both.
I also own a Data East Guns and Roses and is one of my favorite pins.
If this is the price structure of things to come, buying top of the line NIB GNR is going to be a touch pill for me to swallow.
Even though I really want one.

#21 4 years ago

I fully expect it to be more popular considering potc is already pulled from the line.

Now is it a better game?

#22 4 years ago

Played both Pirates and Wonka at the show. I thought pirates was the much more innovative game and Wonka had the better layout.

Rather have a Pirates.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Played both Pirates and Wonka at the show. I thought pirates was the much more innovative game and Wonka had the better layout.
Rather have a Pirates.

This is a great summary. I think potc it's def more innovative but Wonka layout and pure butter feel looks great too. I might want both.

#24 4 years ago

I have played both... I like Wonka better however both are amazing games. Pirate owners are lucky folks.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I fully expect it to be more popular considering potc is already pulled from the line.
Now is it a better game?

It shoots like a dream. And the Mechs are awesome. Wonka is the real deal guys.

#26 4 years ago

I think Wonka is going to be an easier game for non-pinball people to have fun with on location, which means more quarters, while still attracting pinball people. The price of 7500 is also much more attractive than 8500 for locations who want premium games.

#27 4 years ago

JJP themes are so polarizing.

Wonka layout is a 10/10.

The theme is love/hate.

But, think there are enough people who will prefer this theme to POTC and WONKA shoots better.

So, yes.

#28 4 years ago

Absolutely, it will sell tons more on theme alone. Like WOZ, it's an evergreen family classic that many people have deep nostalgia for. That sells games, period. No one has that type of nostalgia for POTC...it was hot for the first 2, maybe 3 movies when Stern's POTC came out...then it (and Johnny Depp) wore out it's welcome. The theme is actually a net negative, for the most part.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh boy another wonka thread.

It’s the everlasting gobstopper of topics!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely, it will sell tons more on theme alone. Like WOZ, it's an evergreen family classic that many people have deep nostalgia for. That sells games, period. No one has that type of nostalgia for POTC...it was hot for the first 2, maybe 3 movies when Stern's POTC came out...then it (and Johnny Depp) wore out it's welcome. The theme is actually a net negative, for the most part.

Well said

#31 4 years ago

Just looking at the two franchises without gameplay, wwcf is the clear choice for me.
Wonka is a beloved movie from my youth that whenever is on tv, I stop and watch. The other is a franchise about pirates, that I have no connection with having never seen 5 minutes of any potc movie.
If I walked in a bar and the two games were beside each other, wonka is getting my monies. But hey, that's just me.

#33 4 years ago

Needs a poll!

#34 4 years ago

Added

#35 4 years ago

Great! But your first post asks a different question to your title (and poll).

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Great! But your first post asks a different question to your title (and poll).

Fixed

#37 4 years ago

Looks like it will be, according to the poll

#38 4 years ago

it won't be close...I bet they sell 3X +WW versus POTC ....

#39 4 years ago

Theme wise yes gameplay wise we will have to wait and find out as more people play it.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

It shoots like a dream. And the Mechs are awesome. Wonka is the real deal guys.

Eh mechs are blah. Seriously and this is coming from a guy who will buy it. It does shoot well but I think DI is more innovative. I might even create a poll to see what others think. Would be an interesting question

#41 4 years ago

Anyone want to sell/trade their POTC lmk. Played > 10 games of potc vs 2 on WWCF. Clear winner imo.... So now have to track one down

#42 4 years ago

Pirates is terrible ..... so sell me yours.... cheap

#43 4 years ago

They will sell more Wonka than Pirates on theme alone, plus they have stopped making Pirates. So, more Wonkas will be sold, no question. However, which one will be the better game 2 years from now is a better question. Right now I would say Pirates. The biggest thing it has over Wonka after playing both is speed.

#44 4 years ago

I hope they sell lots and lots of Wonkas so they stay in business. I have zero interest in Wonka and kind of feel left out that I have zero nostalgia for the theme. But, I want them to have wild success as a company as I am certain they will make another theme someday that I can’t resist. They truly do set the standard in the pin world.

#45 4 years ago

Even just the multi outlanes on POTC with the nudge back into the shooter lane makes it a great game.

#46 4 years ago

I don’t think POTC is very popular, at least given the fact that production has stopped and that distributors still have them available.

To me the real question is Will Wonka be more popular than WOZ, the latter being JJP major hit so far.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I don’t think POTC is very popular, at least given the fact that production has stopped and that distributors still have them available.
To me the real question is Will Wonka be more popular than WOZ, the latter being JJP major hit so far.

Not popular? Try to find an LE. Production stopped because demand was miscalculated and they ran out of parts. They now have to move on to the next game so potc stops.

#48 4 years ago

It comes down to two things the price break goes a long way for extra sales that said JJP fans love their toys and WONKA does not have them

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not popular? Try to find an LE. Production stopped because demand was miscalculated and they ran out of parts. They now have to move on to the next game so potc stops.

Its popular now that its no longer available and people like me who were waiting for a used one on the cheap scrambled for one of the last remaining musical chairs.

More likely than not- production stopped because demand was low so they cut off the reorders of parts and prepared the line for Wonka and "glitter WoZ."

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Its popular now that its no longer available and people like me who were waiting for a used one on the cheap scrambled for one of the last remaining musical chairs.
More likely than not- production stopped because demand was low so they cut off the reorders of parts and prepared the line for Wonka and "glitter WoZ."

Sometimes it takes a little while for a game to be appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 90.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 32.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-wonka-be-more-popular-than-potc/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.