Screenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).png
064AC0AA-69A4-4DCA-B21C-76E5F619ACB5 (resized).jpeg
8E53D70D-062A-4D7A-9AD9-6ACA96DDE60F.gif
7CAB9F94-EAF1-46C4-BFBE-CDFD3FC89E6B.gif
49E360A9-4373-4D46-9ABE-1EEE72B7D003.gif
A28C64BB-D005-4545-9A92-D4B955C572F1 (resized).jpeg
86196C4F-163E-4334-AF67-1E5C0DBA7025.gif
28DA42F1-B106-449C-8D1E-2A36676B7DAB (resized).jpeg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

P3 has now released its first licensed theme with “Weird Als Museum of Natural Hilarity”
Many have wanted a licensed theme for years.
Will you consider purchasing a P3 as a result of the news?
28DA42F1-B106-449C-8D1E-2A36676B7DAB (resized).jpeg28DA42F1-B106-449C-8D1E-2A36676B7DAB (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

No, but I really like the idea and the theme sounds like it is full of fun potential.

#3 2 years ago

No

I've actually still never played one, so I'm not opposed to them; but Weird Al wouldn't be the title to get me pumped up aboot it.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No
I've actually still never played one, so I'm not opposed to them . . .

They are actually a quite unique pinball experience (I've played a few times at TPF). I'm not opposed to them at all, as the tech in them is quite unique. It is a different experience than a traditional pin (not saying that is good or bad, just different), and some may or may not like it enough to actually purchase a machine.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

P3 has now released its first licensed theme with “Weird Als Museum of Natural Hilarity”
Many have wanted a licensed theme for years.
Will you consider purchasing a P3 as a result of the news?
[quoted image]

Weird Al? Unexpected! Must be because of the movie they’re making with Daniel Radcliffe playing Young Al. Pretty exciting!

#6 2 years ago

I’m definitely interested to see what they do with it.

#7 2 years ago

Finally, the hot killer license that will put P3 on the map!

There is a small but rabid adult Weird Al fanbase out there. Whether or not they'll want a pinball machine is to be seen.

As far as people already IN the hobby...you either like the P3 concept or you don't; you are either already open to the idea of buying into it or you aren't. I don't see the fact that this game will play Dare to be Stupid and have lots of corny jokes as much of a game-changer for this crowd.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Must be because of the movie they’re making with Daniel Radcliffe playing Young Al.

Nah. The Radcliffe movie has just been announced no fliming has started.
I'm sure this game has been in progress for over a year.

#9 2 years ago

P3’s are definitely fun to play. It’s different but it’s still pinball. I got to play multiple different games. Just haven’t fallen in love enough to pull the trigger. The initial release was the most expensive NIB at the time, but the ability to swap out kits for $2,500 was tempting.

#10 2 years ago

Bowen doing code with Colin?

#11 2 years ago

The real question is, will it be at TPF?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

With Colin's involvement you'd have to think so. Four P3 games in the tournament?

#13 2 years ago

For the first time ever I can say p3 is possibly on my radar as a buy when I make my next purchase! I can't wait to see the game and what it has in store.

#14 2 years ago

This is likely pushing me over the edge and I want one. Bit first I need to know:

1. If I paid today when could I get one and for how much.

2. What music is in it and is Weird al on callouts.

3. What do gameplay and mechanics look like

This would be an instabuy in a traditional form factor from me but I'm still reserved until I see it. I'd have to push out something to bring this in but this beats Godzilla on theme for me and would be ahead of BTTF for me and right beside Harry Potter.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

This is likely pushing me over the edge and I want one. Bit first I need to know:
2. What music is in it and is Weird al on callouts.
3. What do gameplay and mechanics look like
This would be an instabuy in a traditional form factor from me but I'm still reserved until I see it. I'd have to push out something to bring this in but this beats Godzilla on theme for me and would be ahead of BTTF for me and right beside Harry Potter.

BOOM!

#16 2 years ago

Geeze people; love the excitement
but damn, you get a teaser... demand a reveal.
Get a reveal, demand all the facts including pricing.

Has Multimorphic not been at TPF since their early days? no.
Do I think Weird Al pinball won't be in their booth - hell no.

Let's give Multimorphic some time to execute the reveal plan they have scheduled. Those that know this team know they'll get us the facts when they have them solid at a high confidence level.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well; it's a fair bet is longer than a new stern; but shorter than a JJP.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Had Multimorphic not been at TPF? no. Do I think Weird Al pinball won't be in their booth - hell no.

If anybody wants to translate this statement into English, I'll buy you a Coke!

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I hope they show it at TPF.
Haven’t played this platform in years.

#19 2 years ago

If Weird Al wants to help me purchase a P3 I’m definitely interested.

#20 2 years ago

Why announce now with nothing to show at TPF?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

u owe me a coke

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldmoto:

If Weird Al wants to help me purchase a P3 I’m definitely interested.

86196C4F-163E-4334-AF67-1E5C0DBA7025.gif86196C4F-163E-4334-AF67-1E5C0DBA7025.gif
#23 2 years ago

Stoked. P3 has always been a story of a cool platform looking for its killer app… Heist already had me thinking some thoughts and for me WAY is a dream theme so if Weird Al is as fun as Heist is I’ll make a P3 happen.

#24 2 years ago

Been a fan ever since Al was a student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and had a radio show on KCBX right before Dr. Demento.

Own everything he's put out including some rare 45's he released when he was still in college.

If the game is fun and has enough assets, I'm in!

A28C64BB-D005-4545-9A92-D4B955C572F1 (resized).jpegA28C64BB-D005-4545-9A92-D4B955C572F1 (resized).jpeg
#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Nah. The Radcliffe movie has just been announced no fliming has started.
I'm sure this game has been in progress for over a year.

Filming started this week! Close Personal Friends of Al is the only fan club I ever joined because it’s hilarious and has a lot of fun. I’ve got some stuff signed by Al too.
He’s a timeless, exceptional performer that transcends generations!

#26 2 years ago

Like Weird Al but not enough to buy on theme alone. If it ends up looking awesome then maybe?

Love ACNC but wasn't a huge Alice Cooper fan either.

#27 2 years ago

If I could put in a preorder right now, it would already be done.

#28 2 years ago

As long as the game comes with a wearable "Im Fat" costume Im in! Oh wait I dont need a costume

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Had Multimorphic not been at TPF? no.

Tricky but believe it translates to "they been at TPF before"

Do I think Weird Al pinball won't be in their booth - hell no.

Translates to - he definitely does think the machine will be in their booth

#30 2 years ago

Maybe P3 will have Weird Al himself at TPF for the reveal...

#31 2 years ago

I played a couples games on a neighbor's P3 and was really impressed. The design, concept, and execution had me seriously interested, but the price and the "youth" of the platform made me hesitant. However, this theme--a dream theme for me and my wife--could very likely lead us to buy a P3.

#32 2 years ago

Can't help me purchase a P3 since I've already got one

I will take a new game for a fraction of the cost of a whole new pinball machine tho.

#33 2 years ago

I love the concept of the P3 , but the interactivity between the playfield screen and ball "hits" does not work for me (possibly due to resolution and viewing angle... washed out like TNA and Spooky screens)

The recent offerings of Heist are a welcome change , however all of the themes are way too family friendly with no grit whatsoever .

I almost feel bad writing this because Gerry is a great innovator in this world , but it seems like the idea is better than the execution.

Very happy for the people that enjoy this and think Weird Al is more of a genius than a bunch of drunks singing their own funny lyrics to a song.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I will take a new game for a fraction of the cost of a whole new pinball machine tho.

Good point.
I used to think P3 at five figures was insane.
Maybe not anymore.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Can't help me purchase a P3 since I've already got one

same boat, insta-buy. And i don't have to sweat shelling out 7k time after time

#36 2 years ago

I ordered a P3 back in September after playing KevInBuffalo's Heist. Really fun game... I'll be bundling that and Weird Al whenever my build is ready. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is lugging it into my basement

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Tricky but believe it translates to "they been at TPF before"

Translates to - he definitely does think the machine will be in their booth

I first played a P3 at TPF, not sure if it was multimorphic that brought it though. There were 2 side by side with a line behind each all weekend.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

And i don't have to sweat shelling out 7k time after time

P3 - bringing back the 80s!!

49E360A9-4373-4D46-9ABE-1EEE72B7D003.gif49E360A9-4373-4D46-9ABE-1EEE72B7D003.gif

#39 2 years ago

Went to multimorphics site but the store doesn’t seem to indicate the all in cost of the platform.
Anyone know?

#40 2 years ago

So... you're saying Cyndi Lauper is Game #6? heheh

I personally think Weird Al is refreshing.
I mean how many old white dude themes can we absorb? Yeah; Weird Al is about as white of a dude as you get... but that's kinda the point.
It'll be a weird mix of Raps vs accordian music... but that is really the point right?

Quoted from Vino:

I went to multimorphics site but the store doesn’t indicate the all in cost of the platform.
Anyone know?

Not yet. Their last price of a full machine with a single game was like 10k and change.
The new game will trigger new game builds with new pricing in this chip shortage / supply line economy... so I'm convinced the pricing will change for future games.

#41 2 years ago

Weird Al is not a dream theme for me but I do get his humor and this might be interesting. I've always liked the idea of P3 but the price tab was too high for me. Now that Stern prices going through the roof, P3 actually looks like a good value.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The recent offerings of Heist are a welcome change , however all of the themes are way too family friendly with no grit whatsoever .

This is a plus for some people. After all, those 90s B/W games everyone loves and that are getting remade were family friendly, goofy and fun. New pins generally not as much.

#43 2 years ago

I always thought about the cost factor like this: If each new video game cost $700 at the lowest cost because it had to come with its own proprietary console, but there were an option of a standalone console for $1000 with each new game for it costing between $100-$300, and then on top of that entirely different DLC games for $15, wouldn't the second option be way more attractive?? just add a zero at the end of all those numbers and that's basically the generic vs p3 pinball pricing in a nutshell

#44 2 years ago

At least it isn't a worse theme than Jaws.

#45 2 years ago

Love this, great theme, so much fun!
One of the great things about the P3 is that each new game brings in a new set of buyers.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

If each new video game cost $700 at the lowest cost because it had to come with its own proprietary console, but there were an option of a standalone console for $1000 with each new game for it costing between $100-$300, and then on top of that entirely different DLC games for $15, wouldn't the second option be way more attractive?? just add a zero at the end of all those numbers and that's basically the generic vs p3 pinball pricing in a nutshell

That's called a Neo Geo AES, my guy.

*Edit* Also, I understand why they have ordering blocked on their site right now, but taking down the pricing info isn't helping their case, especially when they're trying to build hype.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Also, I understand why they have ordering blocked on their site right now, but taking down the pricing info isn't helping their case, especially when they're trying to build hype.

Before the pause on orders, prices were as follows:
P3 with 1 playfield : $10,895
P3 with 2 playfields : $12,995
P3 with 3 playfields : $14,995

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Before the pause on orders, prices were as follows:
P3 with 1 playfield : $10,895
P3 with 2 playfields : $12,995
P3 with 3 playfields : $14,995

Thank you.

#50 2 years ago

Hardly a dream theme but it has potential of being good. Looking forward to seeing more but no it wouldn’t make me buy one. If it really was a dream theme, then maybe!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-weird-al-help-you-purchase-a-p3-?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.