Screenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).png
064AC0AA-69A4-4DCA-B21C-76E5F619ACB5 (resized).jpeg
8E53D70D-062A-4D7A-9AD9-6ACA96DDE60F.gif
7CAB9F94-EAF1-46C4-BFBE-CDFD3FC89E6B.gif
49E360A9-4373-4D46-9ABE-1EEE72B7D003.gif
A28C64BB-D005-4545-9A92-D4B955C572F1 (resized).jpeg
86196C4F-163E-4334-AF67-1E5C0DBA7025.gif
28DA42F1-B106-449C-8D1E-2A36676B7DAB (resized).jpeg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

"Will Weird Al help you purchase a P3?"

I do not expect Weird Al to help me with a purchase; either in financial means (like a loan) or personally (like filling out my online order). He's an important/busy guy!

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Before the pause on orders, prices were as follows:
P3 with 1 playfield : $10,895
P3 with 2 playfields : $12,995
P3 with 3 playfields : $14,995

I'd need to see it and have a delivery time frame but I'd move my AFMR LE for Weird Al and another platform. I am super excited to see what they have cooked up.

#53 2 years ago

First off, as a child of the early 90s, love the theme and my pinball buddies are VERY excited about the game. The only thing I'd worry about is licenses. I think Multimorphic will probably not only need Weird Al's licence but the licenses of the bands he is parodying, so I'm concerned the game will be less his classic tunes and more "The Weird Al Show" ... Which yes... I did watch.

#54 2 years ago
7CAB9F94-EAF1-46C4-BFBE-CDFD3FC89E6B.gif7CAB9F94-EAF1-46C4-BFBE-CDFD3FC89E6B.gif
#55 2 years ago

I would much rather see a “UHF” theme.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

thats basically what you're getting.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Weird Al is about as white of a dude as you get...

He is certainly very white and nerdy.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Goddamn people are picky!!!!

Like...this isn't close enough?!

#59 2 years ago

This probably isn't a "dream theme" for most, but I'm interested. I know his music quite well, saw him in concert a few years ago, and have tickets to go again.

Can I still get a P3 and two playfields for 12k? That's only 6k per game! Heist and Weird Al!

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

8E53D70D-062A-4D7A-9AD9-6ACA96DDE60F.gif8E53D70D-062A-4D7A-9AD9-6ACA96DDE60F.gif

#61 2 years ago

Not voting on the poll due to wording. This *might* be the game to get me to buy P3, but I can’t definitively say “IN” until I see it.

Love Weird Al as a theme. I need to see the execution, though. I want to see if this is the game that gets P3 out of the “app” art aesthetic. I’ve always loved the platform/concept. I played it at a show 10 years ago & loved the potential. None of the games so far have made be bite.

For those who don’t “get” Weird Al or think he’s a long lost relic…he’s been doing his thing successfully thru current day. He has very passionate fans (just like Rush, for those who doubted that would sell). He’s been part of the comedy & animation scene for years, so adults of all ages & kids know him. He’s been on Tim & Eric, Comedy Bang Bang, Milo Murphy’s Law, etc. Look up his IMDB. He’s simultaneously nostalgic & current. That’s a perfect thing for a pinball theme to be.

#62 2 years ago

I'm kind of over arguing about what is and what isn't a good pinball theme days. EVERYTHING is a good pinball theme. Everything is "selling."

If Weird Al is the "perfect" pinball theme, isn't pretty much anything with any kind of a following?

#63 2 years ago

If I had money, yes. Trouble is I cant afford this hobby anymore. At least I have a few games to play

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm kind of over arguing about what is and what isn't a good pinball theme days. EVERYTHING is a good pinball theme. Everything is "selling."
If Weird Al is the "perfect" pinball theme, isn't pretty much anything with any kind of a following?

That following has to intersect with the pinball demographic. Weird Al has a song called “White & Nerdy”. Just sayin’.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That following has to intersect with the pinball demographic. Weird Al has a song called “White & Nerdy”. Just sayin’.

Every Licensed product seems to intersect with the expanding pinball demographic in 2022. Every licensed product has enough of a following to justify a run of pinball machines for a boutique company. Just sayin!

#66 2 years ago

Weird Al is probably one of the most genuine famous people out there. He never let fame get to his head, and always makes time for his fans. He’s been in the public spotlight for 40+ years, and never had a scandal. Just an all around great guy, I’ve heard.

In an interview with Kurt Cobain, Cobain said he finally get that he had “made it” when Weird Al did a parody of one of his songs.

I used to go to all of his concerts when I was a kid! Plus, UHF? Classic movie.

I’d love a mystery award callout to say “You chose the mystery box. Let’s see what’s in the box:

NOTHING!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! STUPID! YOURE SO STUPID!!”

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

As long as the game comes with a wearable "Im Fat" costume Im in! Oh wait I dont need a costume

I feel your pain

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every Licensed product seems to intersect with the expanding pinball demographic in 2022. Every licensed product has enough of a following to justify a run of pinball machines for a boutique company. Just sayin!

Even in todays wacky market, I think there’s potential for theme bombs. I don’t think JJP’s Godfather will do well. Our pal Mr. Neo Geo in NY thinks Spice Girls & Taylor Swift pins would outsell Rush. Doubt it. Those would bomb.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

thats basically what you're getting.

Maybe. I don’t think anyone knows what we’re getting yet.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

He is certainly very white and nerdy.

And he's straight outta Lynwood.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Love this, great theme, so much fun!
One of the great things about the P3 is that each new game brings in a new set of buyers.

unlike the other games out there........

#73 2 years ago

I rather have a peewee pin then a weird Al

064AC0AA-69A4-4DCA-B21C-76E5F619ACB5 (resized).jpeg064AC0AA-69A4-4DCA-B21C-76E5F619ACB5 (resized).jpeg

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

unlike the other games out there........

I mean to the system.

#75 2 years ago

My 10 year old loves Wierd Al and I have no idea how that happened because I never turned him on to the music but it will be interesting to see how this develops.

#76 2 years ago

definitely pushing me in the direction of purchasing a P3, i like it as a theme and being able to buy a couple other modules along with it like lexy lightspeed and heist is making it an attractive purchase.
The modules approach for other games will become more relevant in markets outside of the US where the limited amount of NIB pinball machines that do get shipped over are all sold out well in to the future to the existing collectors

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Weird Al is probably one of the most genuine famous people out there. He never let fame get to his head, and always makes time for his fans. He’s been in the public spotlight for 40+ years, and never had a scandal. Just an all around great guy, I’ve heard.
In an interview with Kurt Cobain, Cobain said he finally get that he had “made it” when Weird Al did a parody of one of his songs.
I used to go to all of his concerts when I was a kid! Plus, UHF? Classic movie.
I’d love a mystery award callout to say “You chose the mystery box. Let’s see what’s in the box:
NOTHING!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! STUPID! YOURE SO STUPID!!”

Another thing worth noting is that, believe it or not, women also love Weird Al. This is probably the most appealing theme to women in a long time (in addition to men). Just great all around, literally everyone likes Weird Al.

#78 2 years ago

I hope he does, any help would be appreciated in today’s fucked up economy.

#79 2 years ago

Seriously, wait until you play it. The shots and gameplay may help push some people over, similar to how I played heist and was impressed.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Another thing worth noting is that, believe it or not, women also love Weird Al. This is probably the most appealing theme to women in a long time

Please tell me more about this!

#82 2 years ago

It has seriously had me consider one. I will wait to see how it is, but the other P3 stuff was pretty cool.

Chris

#83 2 years ago

Weird Al in 3D was the first cassette I ever asked for & owned as a kid, but I outgrew comedy music and could take or leave him these days. I'm not a "theme guy" regardless. Not even like Mad Max Fury Road or whatever could make me buy into an aggressively unfun platform. I've played every P3 kit so far and without fail, my gut reaction is "hurry up and drain so I can play pinball instead."

Scott is a good friend and I love his music/sfx, so I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised when I play this one.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Weird Al in 3D was the first cassette I ever asked for & owned as a kid, .

Ha..I think it was for me too. Who can forget the genius of "Eat it" or "I lost on Jeopardy?"

The rest of your post rings true as well.

#85 2 years ago

There has been a higher volume of serious "should we buy a pin" discussion in my household in the last 24 hours than with any other pin announcement to date. My wife and I each grew up listening to Weird Al, saw him in concert when we were younger, and have gone to see him a half dozen times together since getting married. Weird Al songs get referenced almost daily in our house.

We are lucky to live down the street from a huge pinball arcade, so we've been hesitant about pin ownership since it is so readily available and convenient to play on location. That said, P3's are almost nonexistent on location so if we want this one, we probably have to buy it!

This might be the the one that finally makes it into the house!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every Weird Al concert I've attended was pretty well split between male and female fans(I've seen him 4 times, hoping to see him again on his current tour). He serenaded my wife at the first concert we attended. She's a huge fan as well, along with my kids and most of their friends. The potential fan base here is huge. Hell, his last album debuted at #1.

#87 2 years ago

I was already eyeing Heist and CCR (with the Sorcerer game as well). Weird Al definitely makes the 3 playfield deal at $15K seem nice. I was hoping for a launch deal like Gerry did with Heist. Still lots to learn, so fingers crossed. Really looking forward to the artwork reveal. The teases look pretty good.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was already eyeing Heist and CCR (with the Sorcerer game as well). Weird Al definitely makes the 3 playfield deal at $15K seem nice. I was hoping for a launch deal like Gerry did with Heist. Still lots to learn, so fingers crossed. Really looking forward to the artwork reveal. The teases look pretty good.

Cointaker had a preorder up that said they expect weird al to come in around the same price as heist which is currently $11,300, maybe a bit more. So we'll wait and see what the price for the system and module is

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Cointaker had a preorder up that said they expect weird al to come in around the same price as heist which is currently $11,300, maybe a bit more. So we'll wait and see what the price for the system and module is

But, is that 11,300 Cointaker's price or Multimorphic? 10,995 was the last price from Multimorphic. I would certainly expect the license fees to up the Weird Al cost, though.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

But, is that 11,300 Cointaker's price or Multimorphic? 10,995 was the last price from Multimorphic. I would certainly expect the license fees to up the Weird Al cost, though.

may be including shipping, cuz you still gotta pay that freight cost

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just know a lot of women who love Weird Al. Go to one of his concerts then go to a Rush concert. You'd think the more polka-centric one would be the sausage fest, but you'd be mistaken

#92 2 years ago

I will tell you if it is as high quality product as Heist I will be happy,I have not played Heist for months and just played it for an hour and it is just fantastic! I know you will not believe this but when I sell my games and move to Fla too a condo
I am keeping my p3.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will tell you if it is as high quality product as Heist I will be happy,

It's Multimorphic. They don't do anything half arse.
I'm confident in saying that WeirdAl will be a quality product with a rich rule set.

#94 2 years ago

Not quite convinced to buy another but makes me a little sad I sold mine a while back, before heist. It’s clearly going to get more p3s in some peoples homes and then they’ll have the module sales to a bunch of existing customers. The more modules made the more interesting the equation gets… I still don’t think you’ll see a lot of individual modules for sale any time soon but it will be interesting if the market gets to that point. One of my factors for selling was the realization that while each module was ‘only’ 1500 or 2500 or 3k.. if you do want to sell it down the road it’s turning into a big investment and could be difficult to sell it all together to a buyer. Or you’re likely to take a bigger hit on pricing. I love the concept but it’s hard for me to see 25k wrapped up in a pin that’s not a pristine taffgold where it’s a super desirable pin that is holding value or appreciating. Potential buyers for $25k of p3 and games limits the buyers pool quite a bit.

All that said - uhf is one of my top 5 movies, wish I could play this pin when it comes out w/out going to tpf

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Potential buyers for $25k of p3 and games limits the buyers pool quite a bit.

I can see that... but you obviously look at things like you want to get money back out.
I'm more of a buy it to enjoy it with no plans at all to sell.
Infact; I haven't sold a single pin I've owned. Yes; I'm out of room, but that's why the P3 is my jam.
I get 4-5games for the price of one in my line-up.

Honestly; For me 25k wrapped up in one machine is a don't care as it'll be the wife's problem to dispose of my toys when I'm gone.

My next game is Weird Al... then maybe Ill get Heist. I've gotten behind due the stock market during Pandemic and now with Putin bumblefunking the world economy... I don't see being able to afford both right now.

#96 2 years ago

To comment above on sales. I think it would be decently easy to sell the P3 with selling the main p3 and 1-2 modules, then sell the rest of your modules separate. Any module that has been posted, has sold sooooooo fast.

#97 2 years ago

Question....How difficult is it to switch out games on a P3?

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Buffalo Pinball has a video on that. Changing the module is easy, changing the plastics over the playfield is slightly more tedious but is optional.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Here's a demo of Gerry swapping playfields:

I also did a P3 overview video where I swap playfields but I talk about a bunch of stuff during it so it takes longer

EDIT: I see clempo beat me to that second video

In general: A standard playfield swap takes about a minute from start to finish. If you swap slingshot and side plastics too, it's about a 5 minute job.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's a demo of Gerry swapping playfields:
A standard playfield swap takes about a minute from start to finish. If you swap slingshot and side plastics too, it's about a 5 minute job.

Wow- that's amazing that it's so quick and easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,999 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-weird-al-help-you-purchase-a-p3-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.