Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like Wide-body Pins”

• Wide-body 20 votes
      39%
    • Standard 15 votes
      29%
    • Who Cares 16 votes
      31%

(51 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Topic says it all! I enjoy them! What do you guys think?

#2 3 years ago

No, only a widebody pinball player.

#3 3 years ago

poll?

#4 3 years ago

I sure hope so... Like to see more creativity

#5 3 years ago

Definitely like the variation in widebodies and the newer builds don’t seem to play as slow or be as floaty as some of the earlier designs seemed to be

#6 3 years ago

Here's Hoping JAWS gets made as a wide body.
    Pure speculation on rumored title.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

No, only a widebody pinball player.

You know you might be a wide body when people mumble "super pin" under their breath as they pass you.

#8 3 years ago

Woz, dialed in, potc, alien, full throttle how many wide bodies do you need?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Gotta agree here. They’ve made a ton of Widebodies... it feels like it’s even more common now.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Except that Dialed In is not a widebody.

#11 3 years ago

I don’t like wide bodies or for that matter mini playfields at all
    BUT I do like me some extra flippers, 3, 4 whatever...
    I’m currently smashing the Beatles/witch, what f’n fun!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Except that Dialed In is not a widebody.

Good catch, not sure why I was thinking it was. Point is that there have been several within the last few years.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Good catch, not sure why I was thinking it was. Point is that there have been several within the last few years.

Because Dialed In is so packed, you thought it was a widebody?

I'm not so sure several is the right word since regular body games pretty much dominate the market far as number of titles go. There have been a few, that I can get behind.

#14 3 years ago

I like wide bodies of all areas. Have a few like Paragon and Space Invaders as well as some from the 90s and current era.

I really like them quite a bit, but I like standard bodies as well.
    I do hope they continue to get made in the future. Not necesaraly a big movement towards making them, but it’s nice to have a new one here and there peppered into the mix of new games that come out.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because Dialed In is so packed, you thought it was a widebody?
    I'm not so sure several is the right word since regular body games pretty much dominate the market far as number of titles go. There have been a few, that I can get behind.

was probably thinking hobbit. Widebodies didn't dominate in the 90s. They make a few and then go back to standard. Just comes down to cost.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-we-see-another-wide-body-pin-soon?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.