(Topic ID: 240749)

Will we see a better toy/feature than the castle on MM?

By Rockytop

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rockytop
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gilligans_Island_Flipper_Rampe_links_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

The hype of Wonka had my imagination going and I thought we might see something really special toy/feature wise.

Overall, I'm not disappointed at all in the game...I'll be getting an LE, but it had me thinking that in 21 years no one has topped the castle in MM toy/feature wise in my opinion.

I know that's subjective, but I bet most people would agree. There have been incredible games in the last 21 years and lots of cool stuff for sure though.

Since Brian Eddy is back in the business, maybe he'll be the one to out do himself, but Stern isn't exactly known for their complicated mechanical features. If he gets Jaws, I would love to see him hit a home run with something really cool.

#20 5 years ago

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen something like the main feature in Dr. Who in a game. Nascar kind of had something like that.

#61 5 years ago

I hope in 5 years we have this kind of discussion and there's lots of new toys/features we're debating as the GOAT.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well The Big Lebowski had that feel, but that one's dead.
I really think Houdini has a lot of that "mechanical toy magic" (with it's center Stage, Catapult and Molded Decoration) Williams games had.
Willy Wonka, while not having played it, falls a bit flat in that area.
I mean, that MM Castle is a huge molded toy and it's kinda obvious what the player has to do.
JJP Pirates comes close with the ships...
Yes I hope for Deeproot. I also hope for JPop (oh I can see the downvotes coming).
Robert Müller seems to prefer Williams games, so I really hope we will get something like the old days again.
As for JPops, Magic Girls is a broken mess, but everything around it is marvelous. And while it is correct that it is not him drawing, making the callouts, composing the music etc. he just is a skilled art director. (I love the art, the music, the callouts, the lightshow... I love the big backglass without display, wich went in the game itself.) And imagine that huge center make really would have worked, levitating the Ball in the air and then lets it curl down the giant ramp... That thing was impressive even while broken.

I do think the Houdini catapult sequence is really cool.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think a lot of people just claim MM castle the best because of it's size. It's a super cool toy though and definitely one of the best, but there are a lot of other really good ones though.
MET hammer
AS Trunk
ACDC bell and Cannon (mainly due to incredibly good coding)
Stern ST Ship (drop target, magnet, kickback, bouncing ship, crashing ship)
SW Hyperloop
GB Subway
GI turn table
BM66 & DK crane
CV Ringmaster
TOM Trunk
PM Wand
JP T-Rex
MB Frank
AFM Ship area (coded incredibly)
TS Diverters and upper playfield
LOTR the ring

I think all those toys/features are really cool...I just think the castle is better with the moat, the ball lock shot, the drawbridge, the gate, the crashing towers.

It's kind of crazy that after 22 years (or more if you count Rudy as the GOAT), since we've had something clearly one up it...if there even is such a thing in a subjective discussion as this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-we-see-a-better-toy-feature-than-the-castle-on-mm-?tu=rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.