(Topic ID: 240749)

Will we see a better toy/feature than the castle on MM?

By Rockytop

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Rockytop
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Gilligans_Island_Flipper_Rampe_links_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 6 months ago

Well The Big Lebowski had that feel, but that one's dead.

I really think Houdini has a lot of that "mechanical toy magic" (with it's center Stage, Catapult and Molded Decoration) Williams games had.

Willy Wonka, while not having played it, falls a bit flat in that area.
I mean, that MM Castle is a huge molded toy and it's kinda obvious what the player has to do.
JJP Pirates comes close with the ships...

Yes I hope for Deeproot. I also hope for JPop (oh I can see the downvotes coming).
Robert Müller seems to prefer Williams games, so I really hope we will get something like the old days again.
As for JPops, Magic Girls is a broken mess, but everything around it is marvelous. And while it is correct that it is not him drawing, making the callouts, composing the music etc. he just is a skilled art director. (I love the art, the music, the callouts, the lightshow... I love the big backglass without display, wich went in the game itself.) And imagine that huge center make really would have worked, levitating the Ball in the air and then lets it curl down the giant ramp... That thing was impressive even while broken.

#59 6 months ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I'll keep this short...
No.

Hope dies last...

#65 6 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I do think the Houdini catapult sequence is really cool.

It is but the stage is more relevant for the theme, that's why I mentioned both.

I played it and liked Houdini a lot,... even without the ctapult hitting sadly. :-/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside