Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gamera9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56897710-7ED3-4592-8653-D0E5832F5CE8.jpeg
    02030EC3-B9A6-49DD-9404-7BAFF32974E8.jpeg
    DE6E0B87-DC85-4691-8F72-DCDE8E346448 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

With pretty much everything closed in the pinball world, it seems like a fun time to speculate. So I'm wondering...it looks like Led Zeppelin, Rush and Guns n Roses are possibly/probably on the horizon. Why the hell can't we get an Ozzy machine? The toys and artwork could be amazing. Bark at the Moon werewolf, a Crazy Train, an Ironman that's not Marvel, hell...there could even be an Ozzy figure biting the head off a bat though that might not be a good idea in the aftermath of the Coronavirus. All I'm saying is Give the Blizzard of Oz a chance.

#2 3 years ago

No

#3 3 years ago

As much as I love Black Sabbath, I would rather see an Ozzy pin.

I actually prefer Black Sabbath as a band, over Ozzy's solo career. They are my all time favorite band. But for a pinball machine, Ozzy would be a better potential for a pinball theme.

I used to want a Sabbath pin, but I gave it some thought recently.

The Black Sabbath history outside of the Ozzy albums is largely written OUT of the bands official history. Reason being is Sharon Osbourne owns the Black Sabbath rights and they only want to acknowledge and promote Ozzy. They would obviously NOT do it justice. No Dio era. No 'Born Again' demon baby. No Tony Martin tracks. For me, Sabbath goes beyond Ozzy.

So yes, I would like to see an Ozzy pin, and sure, include a few Sabbath tracks. But I would not be happy to see a Sabbath theme. They will not get it right. It has been commercialized enough by Sharon already. Plus they treat Bill Ward like shit.

#4 3 years ago
    DE6E0B87-DC85-4691-8F72-DCDE8E346448 (resized).jpegDE6E0B87-DC85-4691-8F72-DCDE8E346448 (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

Heck yeah man give me that iron man !

#6 3 years ago

Ozzy would be a dream come true. I cannot imagine it would be hard to land the license. Please, please, please!!! Stern would be foolish not to lock it up ASAP! It’s real simple, when JJP sees how well GNR sells, they are going to be looking for their next music theme. Ozzy would sell more than, Metallica, Kiss, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Beatles and ACDC combined!! Yeah, yeah, I know............I got excited.

#7 3 years ago

no

#8 3 years ago

Maybe on his 100th birthday.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

As much as I love Black Sabbath, I would rather see an Ozzy pin.
    I actually prefer Black Sabbath as a band, over Ozzy's solo career. They are my all time favorite band. But for a pinball machine, Ozzy would be a better potential for a pinball theme.
    I used to want a Sabbath pin, but I gave it some thought recently.
    The Black Sabbath history outside of the Ozzy albums is largely written OUT of the bands official history. Reason being is Sharon Osbourne owns the Black Sabbath rights and they only want to acknowledge and promote Ozzy. They would obviously NOT do it justice. No Dio era. No 'Born Again' demon baby. No Tony Martin tracks. For me, Sabbath goes beyond Ozzy.
    So yes, I would like to see an Ozzy pin, and sure, include a few Sabbath tracks. But I would not be happy to see a Sabbath theme. They will not get it right. It has been commercialized enough by Sharon already. Plus they treat Bill Ward like shit.

I still like the idea of a "Snow Blind" multi ball where you have a Whirlwind style topper that blows white powder in your face when the mode starts.

#10 3 years ago

This is just "Crazy Train" talk.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I still like the idea of a "Snow Blind" multi ball where you have a Whirlwind style topper that blows white powder in your face when the mode starts.

Soooo many ideas, but that's the tops, certainly.

#12 3 years ago

Aussie pin? yes please

#14 3 years ago

The ultimate JJP mod - Convert a WOZ to a BOZ?

The Blizzard of Ozz would be cool as hell

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Love it!

While we're at it, why not a Sweet Leaf mode: all the GI goes green and a smoke machine hotboxes the playfield. You have to hit your lit shots through the haze.

2 months later
    #16 3 years ago

Bring on Ozzy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Chance.............................................................

#17 3 years ago

Would have to have a shaker right!

9 months later
    #18 2 years ago

Late 2021 seems like the time for stern to drop Ozzy. LE’s will sell out before official announcement. Just like Zeppelin did. Ozzy would be a much bigger seller. All the rumors are saying rush be released this summer. Then Ozzy in December. I know I’m in for an LE sight unseen.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

Late 2021 seems like the time for stern to drop Ozzy. LE’s will sell out before official announcement. Just like Zeppelin did. Ozzy would be a much bigger seller. All the rumors are saying rush be released this summer. Then Ozzy in December. I know I’m in for an LE sight unseen.

I think Queen and Rush happen before Ozzy.

#21 2 years ago

Only me that's really bored of music themed pins by now? I would rather have unlicensed (not from a movie/book/band or similar) original themes instead.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Only me that's really bored of music themed pins by now? I would rather have unlicensed (not from a movie/book/band or similar) original themes instead.

It’s good to dream

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Everybody says they want unlicensed pins and then they don't buy them.

JJP won't do another after Dialed In.

Stern won't do another after Black Knight.

American tried it twice I can't imagine they will again.

That ship has sailed.

An Ozzy pin would do ok. I believe a Sabbath pin would do (and be) much better.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody says they want unlicensed pins and then they don't buy them.

Yep and then bitch about the theme constantly

#26 2 years ago

How about an Ozzy Man pin?

Way better theme.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

It's not my favorite kind of theme for a pin, but Id love to see an Ozzy(solo band) and VH pin.

2 weeks later
    #28 2 years ago

I’ll take either a Black Sabbath or Ozzy Solo pin sight un-seen. Ozzy isn’t going to last forever so can we get this going so he can bless it? Anything posthumous is just lame.

Randy is also being honored by Rock Hall so get it going!

02030EC3-B9A6-49DD-9404-7BAFF32974E8.jpeg02030EC3-B9A6-49DD-9404-7BAFF32974E8.jpeg
    1 week later
    #29 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’ll take either a Black Sabbath or Ozzy Solo pin sight un-seen. Ozzy isn’t going to last forever so can we get this going so he can bless it? Anything posthumous is just lame.
    Randy is also being honored by Rock Hall so get it going![quoted image]

agree

#30 2 years ago

5 months later
    #31 2 years ago

Come on Stern or JJP. Don’t wait till Ozzy & Randy reunite

56897710-7ED3-4592-8653-D0E5832F5CE8.jpeg56897710-7ED3-4592-8653-D0E5832F5CE8.jpeg
    6 months later
    #32 1 year ago

My vote would be an Ozzy pin. Get the Oz to do some of the artwork too.

#33 1 year ago

Ozzy only does it for me up to Speak of the Devil. Became cheesier starting with Bark at the Moon. The Rhoads years were the best. Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman were classics. So I'd like an older theme based on that era.

#34 1 year ago

You have to think the chances for any Ozzy pin are at least 50/50. It may not be a Stern, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone gives it a shot.

#35 1 year ago

Yes. Black Sabbath with Ozzy DLC so they can all my money, probably get Dio DLC as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-we-ever-get-an-ozzy-pin?hl=humanoid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.