(Topic ID: 318763)

Will We Ever Get A "Speed Racer" Pinball Machine!?!

By PinballZach

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0FD70281-CB7F-4BE3-80AB-D0D3A94E9AEA (resized).jpeg
    SpeedRacerBlur (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Here is a mock-up I did of what it could look like, If it were to happen.

SpeedRacerBlur (resized).jpgSpeedRacerBlur (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Hope not

#3 1 year ago

Hopefully if it's based on the movie.
    Although not a popular opinion I assume.

#4 1 year ago

I coulda sworn there was another post about this with a really sweet mock-up. Can’t find it now.

Someone did a retheme a long time ago:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/speed-racer-conversion-formerly-triple-action

Love the classic look

#5 1 year ago

As much as I'd love to see it, I doubt it. Nice job with the mockup though!

#6 1 year ago

This would be………….fantastic!

#8 1 year ago

Seems like the kind of theme that Spooky might look at. I loved the cartoon when I was a kid. If the game was good, I’d get one.

#9 1 year ago

I would definitely be in on this theme.

#10 1 year ago

I like the theme, watched it on Saturday morning cartoons in the 80s.

#11 1 year ago

Maybe Spooky could make this? Awesome mockup.

#12 1 year ago

Would be a cool theme

#13 1 year ago

****SPOILERS!!!!****
    Classic Movie ending

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

Here is a mock-up I did of what it could look like, If it were to happen.
    [quoted image]

Now I have the theme music playing in a loop in my head.

#15 1 year ago

People like this guy are why I don’t post on here much. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but show some manners at least. You could have just said “Good work, but I just don’t think it’s a good idea for a game. Not for me anyway”. That would have been just fine. You don’t have to make people feel like dirt for having an idea.

#16 1 year ago

Speed Racer is a great memory and first anime to become popular in USA. I’d take a look if they made one, but do I think it will ever happen? No.

#17 1 year ago

I'd love to see it...
    I really want an Astro Boy pin

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

People like this guy are why I don’t post on here much. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but show some manners at least.

Don’t be such a crybaby. He literally said he hopes no speed racer pinball gets made, not that you’re stupid because you do. Nothing about his post was personal commentary about how you live your life.

Ironic how you cry when someone expresses an opinion different than your own IN THE SAME POST that you ask that people show some manners when expressing an opinion.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Don’t be such a crybaby. He literally said he hopes no speed racer pinball gets made, not that you’re stupid because you do. Nothing about his post was personal commentary about how you live your life.
    Ironic how you cry when someone expresses an opinion different than your own IN THE SAME POST that you ask that people show some manners when expressing an opinion.

Calling men crybabies. Are you in middle school?

0FD70281-CB7F-4BE3-80AB-D0D3A94E9AEA (resized).jpeg0FD70281-CB7F-4BE3-80AB-D0D3A94E9AEA (resized).jpeg
    #20 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Calling men crybabies. Are you in middle school?[quoted image]

In fairness, they ain’t all men.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying the person could have used some better etiquette……….just like you. Now that’s ironic.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

Speed Racer is a great memory and first anime to become popular in USA. I’d take a look if they made one, but do I think it will ever happen? No.

They made a Hot Wheels pin so never say never. Starblazers would be pretty cool but most people have not heard of it.

Frankly I'm surprised at some of the titles being made. Most pins in the 50s-60s-70's were riffs off current events, slang terms or even shameless unlicensed movie riffs. Starting in the 70's to early 80's the focus turned to licensed brands and this has just inverted the market to the point unlicensed titles are rare and the vast majority are movies, TV shows or bands.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-we-ever-get-a-speed-racer-pinball-machine?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.