(Topic ID: 141849)

Will TSA take my shaker motors?

By DK

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I bought a couple at Expo. I'm going to put them in my carry-on bag. Do you think TSA will take them from me? I didn't think about it until now

#2 8 years ago

Don't know about that but they sure tore my bag apart and gave me the third degree when I brought led strips and bulbs through last year. Just have tour sales slip and the instruction sheet ready just in case.

#3 8 years ago

If you put them in your check in luggage, they will want a closer look, do not lock your bag. Although they have keys to most factory luggage locks.

Had a metal sign and a cell phone charger cord in a checked bag and when I picked up the bag there was a nice note inside that they had manually inspected my bag.

#4 8 years ago

Worst case is they just wont let you in with them and you will have to go back out and do something (ship or get your checked luggage back which is nearly impossible) so leave with enough time or stop at the check point first and ask.

#5 8 years ago

Just don't mount an alarm clock inside a pencil case!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I bought a couple at Expo. I'm going to put them in my carry-on bag. Do you think TSA will take them from me? I didn't think about it until now

If so you may get a invite to the white house

#7 8 years ago

These are people with high school diplomas who couldn't do anything else. Keep that in mind. Yes, they will be confounded Give yourself some extra time for the explanation and associated search.

#8 8 years ago

TSA can't take anything from you. You have to voluntarily give it up (if you wanna fly). Sorry for the snarky reply but I'm on a plane and I HATE air travel now thanks to them, and bin laden, and them damn dems.

#9 8 years ago

Oh, and do yourself a favor and take them out of your bag when you go through security just so it's obvious you have nothing to hide.

#10 8 years ago

Plan B would be to stop at and adult store and get some dildos and attach them to it and leave them in the bag. They might not want to inspect it then!

#11 8 years ago

I bought my son a creepy skull walking stick in Disney. He thought it was the coolest thing. I went online and saw that canes and such were permitted on the plane but while in line at Orlando, they basically said "don't count on bringing that home."
    Got to the agent who said "nope." I freaked out, learned that canes were only allowed if medically needed, and paid more to ship it home than it cost. They also would not allow the sealed in the box snowglobe my wife had gotten to board in a carry on because it had too much liquid volume. Disney souvenirs. I get that we want to be safe, but come on.....

#12 8 years ago

If I can't drive there, I don't need to be there. Screw TSA.

#13 8 years ago

They didn't even check the bag, and I was worried this whole time. Thanks TSA!

#14 8 years ago

They were probably too busy strip searching a disabled grandmother.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-tsa-take-my-shaker-motors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.